• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I know I am an old fudd, by today's definition...but I am curious...

I may sometimes wear Level IIIA soft armor if I'm carrying lots of cash. Plates and carrier stay by the bedside until TEOTWAWKI.
I prefer to just be grey man.
I remember withdrawing a load of cash going to an auction once, teller asked if I would like a security guard to walk me to my car. I told her “sure, and paint a target on my back, too”.

Keep in mind that most of the guys in here carry an extra 40lb weight around their guts for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and have done so for decades. They are not impressed.

Meal Team 6, FTW.
40?
1705497932326.jpeg

It's always the delicate balance of the Gray Man vs. Hard Target philosophy.

When corporations didn't want their businesses looted or Utilities wanted to keep services running, they made themselves a hard target (Visible armored guards with long guns). And the ne'er-do-wells decided to move on to an easier score. Some found this to be useful during the riots of 2020 and had a measure of success.

Then there's the aforementioned scenario of walking around with a huge sum of money with nothing about the person's appearance that draws attention or suggests they are a great mark. And they are able to go right where they want without being noticed.

Circumstances dictate the tactics but if it is financially attainable, why not be prepared for the unlikely? Isn't that kind of the whole point of the 2A community and gun culture as a whole? Self-reliance and expecting the unexpected.

Back
Top Bottom