• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I know I am an old fudd, by today's definition...but I am curious...

I can see wearing body armor if your going out looking for a fight. Buying ammo and practicing so you have the ability to head shoot makes more sense.
I might not start them, if someone brings me a fight I plan on being better prepared to survive it than not.
Does the "John Wick" kevlar/bullet proof business suit really exist? If so, now that is what I can see people wearing a lot!
kind of. Soft armor like in the movie is mostly pistol rated, so shot with a rifle and it will breeze through. they also don't make much bulletproof stuff in sleeves and pant legs. Just covering the "shot here and die about instantly" stuff. It's also way heavier than Wick makes it out to be.

People that have claimed to train so much they can just instantly shoot the badguy in the face crack me up. I'm semi-professional competition shooter and can tell you it's a lot different to hear rifle rounds in the front yard as you're sitting down after a long day with a whiskey and wings than it is to hear the buzzer with a loaded AR in your hands and a full on battle belt....

I would pay money never to wear body armor again. But that's just me. Some people need it and some people just want it, both of which are good enough reasons.

It really messes up your back and knees. Especially riding in vehicles or just sitting while wearing it. You have a 40lb weight on you for 12-16 hours a day.

It really messes up your back and knees. Especially riding in vehicles or just sitting while wearing it. You have a 40lb weight on you for 12-16 hours a day.
Keep in mind that most of the guys in here carry an extra 40lb weight around their guts for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and have done so for decades. They are not impressed.

Meal Team 6, FTW.

Back
Top Bottom