• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I'll go ahead and post this. Cops arrest guy with camera phone & kill his dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point I am making is not that the dog attacked, but that the officers created the environment that caused the dog to attack. An ounce of prevention...................

Just based on the video I'd tentatively have to agree that the idiot with the dog did nothing I could SEE to warrant an arrest. But again, I wasn't there. I don't know for sure what was said, how long or what other actions were taken, if he was known to the cops from previous incidents leading up to his actions being taken as agressive, factors that I am not privey to. While cuffing him the two original cops did look like they were feeling unprofessional(as in pissed off and a bit more physical than necessary). However, the officer that shot the dog was not involved in that and he tried TWICE to calm the dog. The dog lunged at him twice and it was the second "attack" that the officer responded with his weapon to.

Had the moron owner taken a few seconds to roll the windows up far enough to keep the dog in, the dog would be fine. Had the dumbass just left instead of stuffing the dog in the car and advancing on the officers, the dog would be fine. But he took it upon himself to shove the dog into an open vehicle and escalate a confrontation with the two cops, who reacted with more exhuberance than required and a third cop was FORCED to react to the threat that the dog presented.

I love dogs too but if one threatens me or someone in my family, or a child it's probably going to be a dead dog. Simple as that. And no, I don't mean a dog comes running towards me with his tail wagging. I know the difference between an angry agressive dog and one just meeting a new person.

That was just disgusting. What a bunch of trigger happy idiots. I hope they lose their jobs, and pay through the nose for that man's suffering.

Just based on the video I'd tentatively have to agree that the idiot with the dog did nothing I could SEE to warrant an arrest. But again, I wasn't there. I don't know for sure what was said, how long or what other actions were taken, if he was known to the cops from previous incidents leading up to his actions being taken as agressive, factors that I am not privey to. While cuffing him the two original cops did look like they were feeling unprofessional(as in pissed off and a bit more physical than necessary). However, the officer that shot the dog was not involved in that and he tried TWICE to calm the dog. The dog lunged at him twice and it was the second "attack" that the officer responded with his weapon to.

Had the moron owner taken a few seconds to roll the windows up far enough to keep the dog in, the dog would be fine. Had the dumbass just left instead of stuffing the dog in the car and advancing on the officers, the dog would be fine. But he took it upon himself to shove the dog into an open vehicle and escalate a confrontation with the two cops, who reacted with more exhuberance than required and a third cop was FORCED to react to the threat that the dog presented.

I love dogs too but if one threatens me or someone in my family, or a child it's probably going to be a dead dog. Simple as that. And no, I don't mean a dog comes running towards me with his tail wagging. I know the difference between an angry agressive dog and one just meeting a new person.

^^^^^^^

dog = the only victum
dog owner = complete dumbass
cops = protecting themselves from dog trying to protect it's dumbass owner
summary = dumbass dog owner will get a check
the end

The cops created that situation.... And besides that, don't they carry pepper spray?! And why shoot the dog multiple times?! That dude need s the hell beet out of him if you ask me.

Anybody else notice the dog stopped and took the time to sniff the ground, then approached and backed away several times before it was shot? I'm not a dog owner, so I don't know too much about dog behavior, but it didn't look that threatening.

My concern, is why the police randomly walked up and cuffed the guy. Maybe he hurt their feelings, but I don't believe that's an arrest-able offense (although, it IS California). I'm with OP on this one, and I think LEOs should be held to a higher standard. The police did something they probably shouldn't have (cuffing the guy on sight), and then they made things worse by shooting an arguably passive dog. (Note: I said "ARGUABLY" peaceful). Of course we don't know all of the facts, but from what I've seen, it looks like the officers are in the wrong on this one.

It's the dog owners fault for leaving the windows down so far. Who needs a Rottie anyway. LEO was simply defending themselves. Glad all the LEO involved in this dangerous situation get to go home. Notice the APC in the background too?

the breed doesnt matter. i have a German Shepperd and he is the biggest teddy bear i know but people are scared to death of him. my moms toy maltese will bite and grow at my dog and my dog just doesnt care. my buddy has a pit bull and his is the same way. hes never met a stranger and loves everyone till you mess with me.

fault with the owner of the dog or police im not arguing i dont know the circumstances but it wasnt the dogs fault either way.

Last edited:

I saw it a little differently, and I may be mistaken, but I not going to watch the video again. It appeared to me the cops summoned the dog owner and the dog owner then put the dog in the car and passively walked to the police as ordered, turned around voluntarily to be cuffed, and was never a threat. The cops seems agitated and aggressive which upset the dog, from there it went downhill rapidly. The dog owner is an idiot, no argument there. But I still say the cops handled the entire situation wrong from start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom