• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In market for a new 4x4 Pickup - what brand?

Not a winner for me
Just like with the .45ACP, some people say something is the best because of an experience that is formed so many years ago it’s no longer relevant today.

Not one brand or model is “the best”, you just have to choose what problems you are willing to live with and what compromise you want to make.

Just like with the .45ACP, some people say something is the best because of an experience that is formed so many years ago it’s no longer relevant today.

Not one brand is “the best”, you just have to choose what problems you are willing to live with and what compromise you want to make.
the F150 came in next to last
They say that your beloved ford is doing better lately

The data says if you don't need bigger than 1/2 ton. A Toyota is more likely to stay out of the shop

I am a diehard Chevy guy, but want a pickup for the rest of my life. Don't need a monstrous bed and will not be towing a trailer or camper. Has to be 4 wheel drive though.

So here are my thoughts of what I think I may want, and would like your opinions based on experience of each model and what size motor works best ( more so for reliability):

Toyota Tacoma
Toyota Tundra
GMC Sierra 1500
Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Ford F150

Maybe RAM

Been out of the new car game for a long while because I have always bought used. But the prices on used pickups are very close to new pickups nowadays and some mfrs are offering 0%.
Have/Had em’ all. Tacoma is the vehicle you’re looking for.

Back
Top Bottom