• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In market for a new 4x4 Pickup - what brand?

I had a 2nd gen Taco, now a 3rd gen Taco (in my pic). LOVE it.
Mine has 360 degeree cameras, so easy to drive around the property/among bushes and trees!

I refuse to buy any truck with a turbo !!
I bought a 2021 F150 last year with the 3.3L non-turbo V6 & 10 speed auto...great engine and excellent mileage.
Previously had a 2014 F150 w/5.0L

Why? Forced induction isn’t a new thing. Dang near every Diesel engine on the road has a turbo and most gasoline turbo engines never have problems.

I have one of the “cursed” 1.6 ecoboost escapes that currently sits at almost 140k miles with nothing but oil, gas and tires.

My 2001 7.3 turbo was still original when I sold the truck with almost 300k miles.

There is a replacement for displacement and it is called forced induction.

My current truck is a 2016 with the 5.0 and I wish I had found a 3.5 ecoboost instead. My next truck will be forced induction if I can find one.

2023. New Silverado coming out. Very updated interior also new Canyon and Colorado
2023 Ford adding Rattler package to F150 - factory small lift - compete against Chevy Trail Boss

In the same boat as you. Want a new truck but going to wait awhile. Trucks on lots have 5000 bucks added to msrp. I really just need a midsuze
have a 2015 Tacoma Pro now. Been looking at the Ford Ranger Tremor. Ranger Raptor due out in 2023.
new Tacoma due out in 2023. Not sure what engine but probably a turbo something.
new Frontier has a updated v6

2023. New Silverado coming out. Very updated interior also new Canyon and Colorado
2023 Ford adding Rattler package to F150 - factory small lift - compete against Chevy Trail Boss

In the same boat as you. Want a new truck but going to wait awhile. Trucks on lots have 5000 bucks added to msrp. I really just need a midsuze
have a 2015 Tacoma Pro now. Been looking at the Ford Ranger Tremor. Ranger Raptor due out in 2023.
new Tacoma due out in 2023. Not sure what engine but probably a turbo something.
new Frontier has a updated v6
The new tacoma is going to have a turbo 4 cylinder

My third Tundra since 2007 and none, zero, nada, have been in for anything other than routine maintenance and to shorten the accelerator pedal (because of the chance of floor mats catching on the pedal). Never had ANY warranty repairs performed because NONE were needed. My current one is a 2012 with 88,000 miles and I don't plan to sell it even when I buy a new one.

I do, however, plan to buy a new Tundra model with the hybrid engine once availability increases (i.e., demand subsides). My wife has the same hybrid powerplant, less the turbo setup, in her Lexus SUV and it has been awesome, averaging about 33 mpg. The engine (437 horsepower and 583 pounds per foot of torque with the i-FORCE MAX 3.5-liter Twin-Turbo V6 hybrid) has been proven in several Lexus setups and the Toyota Landcruiser.

Will the new turbo setup last a million miles and is it as reliable as the older V8...
I was expecting more from that video

Back
Top Bottom