• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Interesting call from a Savannah detective

If you really really want to get him off your back, you can also just kick down the road. The conversation ended on your ad on April 12, 2020. I don't see where your buyer/listed it after that date and feedback was left same day.

It looks like it was listed again:

There are 3 positive feedbacks from this profile in the month of October to choose from. That's where my pro bono services stop unless Mr. Detective wants to share his salary with me.
I'm not sure how one of my old adds reappeared. If I remember correctly I bought it new. I could be wrong, but I've had 2-3 different 19x's .

I'm not sure how one of my old adds reappeared. If I remember correctly I bought it new.
Even if you delete your ad, it can still be pulled up with some effort. Back when my account was fairly new, I still deleted everything like I still do when I close an ad. Regardless of what it is.

I was contacted by someone that sent me an inquiry via PM about something of mine they were interested in. They included a link to a previous ad that I had deleted. When I access my closed ads, they are blank. The link he sent had my full previous active ad with all pictures and details.

Long story short, I asked him how his first day was going at the ATF and never heard anything back.

I'm not fooled thinking that deleting photos and details makes it disappear completely. If it's online, it's there forever. I just like to make it somewhat difficult for those that like to snoop.

Got a call from a detective the other day about a firearm that was in my name that was used in a homicide.

He asked if I had a G19. Then he asked if I knew where it was. Then he asked if I reported it stolen.

Then he wanted to know if I kept records of who I sold them to.

I’ve pretty much stalled him, but I’m probably just going to tell him I sold it in a private sale in 2021 (as it was)

Always wondered if I would eventually get one of these phone calls after selling and trading over the years…
Was just thinking more about this. Should have just said "hey neat, can you call me back when I can pick my gun back up? I've always regretted letting my 19x go."

All this has got me to remembering that way back a few yrs ago a dude contacted me and said he was interested in a pistol I had for sale.. I don’t remember ever have one for sale.. maybe I did but I don’t think so.. I figure it was one of the fed boys…all I have is a ball bat and 2 knives

Back
Top Bottom