• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Interesting call from a Savannah detective

All you people who keep saying,
"Screw the cops!"
and
"there's no legal obligation to keep records or turn those records over to cops" are being very shortsighted.

BIG PICTURE: taking a selfish attitude & being a dick like that during a murder investigation is likely to cause the government to pass laws banning private sales of guns, making all sales of firearms go through an FFL, and making all of those FFL records available to cops without a warrant.

"Screw the cops!"
and
"there's no legal obligation to keep records or turn those records over to cops" are being very shortsighted.

BIG PICTURE: taking a selfish attitude & being a dick like that during a murder investigation is likely to cause the government to pass laws banning private sales of guns, making all sales of firearms go through an FFL, and making all of those FFL records available to cops without a warrant.
Why are you telling people to talk to law enforcement without legal representation? Seems counter productive to your profession while pushing people to disregard their right to remain silent.

Why are you telling people to talk to law enforcement without legal representation? Seems counter productive to your profession while pushing people to disregard their right to remain silent.
Some lawyers represent the government, some lawyers represent the people. I'm guessing he's not a defense attorney.

This sounds exactly like the situation I was in. Probably the same perp.
It was

I'm not sure how one of my old adds reappeared. If I remember correctly I bought it new. I could be wrong, but I've had 2-3 different 19x's .
I'd be more worried about that statement being seen by our ATF overseers as being 'in the business' with their new definition than I would about anything else.

Lots of 'em even trade, sale and buy here! I wouldn't even be surprised if they've infiltrated the staff!

I’ve bought multiple from LEOs in their cruisers over the years.

LEOs are people too.

“Am I the target of the investigation?”

“No?, Well obviously you can see where I sold it on here & you know who purchased it. Good Day.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anti-second admendment attorney.

"Screw the cops!"
and

1) They're cops, I don't trust any of them
2) I'm not a privileged member of the bar with friends and resources in the judicial system to protect me from corrupt cops
3) I pay my taxes so they can go ahead and earn their pay. They want my help they can pay me just like an over paid attorney
4) Assuming the "victim" was just that and not a piece of trash human that got what they deserved

Back
Top Bottom