• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Interesting call from a Savannah detective

So for 20 years the Shops / Stores are the "Registration facilities" ' as a lack of better wording .

Thanks I learned something .
They changed that with a new "rule" sometime last year. Now we are required to keep them for life.

They changed that with a new "rule" sometime last year. Now we are required to keep them for life.
Even sneaker IMO .

WOW!

Ill add , I do have common since , and know NOTHING is secret in today 'Computer / Cloud ' world .

'1984' was just 20 -30 years pre-mature.

My Son has No Idea what privacy is on the larger scale that is the 'WEB ' .
Nor does he seem to care , & that 'Ills Me' .

Was the person old enough to purchase a weapon? If he/she showed docs to prove that they were, I believe that's the end of your responsibility in the state of GA - I generally want a peak at a DL or CW Permit, not to capture personal information but to make certain that the person is of legal age to purchase. It's undoubtedly a bad situation for those affected, but an explanation of "I sold it to a man/woman and they showed proof of age when they purchased it" is where your obligation stops. When I purchase or sell a weapon in a private sale I do NOT collect or provide any personal information for two reasons, 1.) I am a free(ish) American, and 2.) I don't want the government having any more information about what I have/don't have than they already do.

Once the LEO determines that the original owner of the weapon is NOT in any way tied to the incident, I don't see where it is beneficial to the investigation anyways. If the victim was bludgeoned to death with a bat would they insist on finding the original owner?

So I’m confused here, did you do something wrong? Myself, I wouldn’t hesitate to help with a homicide investigation unless the investigator was being a complete dick. The idea that some monkey ass fool went and committed murder with the firearm I sold him is on him not me.

I was probably 3 or 4 or more times removed from who ever I sold it to.

If you really really want to get him off your back, you can also just kick down the road. The conversation ended on your ad on April 12, 2020. I don't see where your buyer/listed it after that date and feedback was left same day.

It looks like it was listed again:

There are 3 positive feedbacks from this profile in the month of October to choose from. That's where my pro bono services stop unless Mr. Detective wants to share his salary with me.

I’ve had two I’ve sold or traded, but the one he listed in that add is a different serial number.

Step one: shut the **** up and don't say anything.

Anything you say can be potentially be used to prosecute you.

Any statement you make to police can also be FOIA requested by a lawyer aiming to hold you responsible in a civil suit. You could have done nothing illegal and still end up in civil court. Don't. Open. Your. Mouth.

Assume everyone is out to get you and STFU. If pressed hire a lawyer.

If you are sure that the person contacting you really is a cop (because anybody could pretend to be a cop and lie to you over the phone)

then I would tell the cop everything you know about who you sold the gun to, and when.

You should help find a murderer; help get a killer convicted.

Back
Top Bottom