Is it ok for a Buyer to ask for a Bill of Sale (BOS)?

Do you really think a cop is going to believe what half of you guys say?
Especially you guys on the "cop hater" list.;)

That's my point! Im all tattooed and stuff. They will just lock me up. Id be too afraid to grab that bill of sale out of my pocket. "hes got a gun!!" bang.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't be talkin bout momma like dat! I jes hope I don't get the coffee cup with the lip stick stain on it agin.

she works hard for the money...

Whatsamatter , you aren't selling hot weapons, that'd be the only only reason I know of, to not swap doc's with each others info, covering my butt and yours, no DA is gonna buy, "but he looked like an honest citizen, how was I to know he shot his boss with that gun I traded for"
The extra info such as DL & GWL# are only for those that volunteer it, a min would be name, verified, & address with gun serial #'s

You have no obligation to do any of the stuff you are advocating. The DA is bound by the laws on the books. Therefore you have not committed a crime for not doing All the stuff you think you need to do. The law prohibits you from KNOWINGLY selling to someone who is not a resident of the state. It prohibits you from KNOWINGLY doing lots if stuff. The state has the burden to prove you KNEW.

By your logic, you would have to do a background check on someone to sell them a gun in order to prove your innocence for selling to a felon. You have no burden of proof! The state does.

Sharpsburg, I quoted THE LAW. Not that anybody will read or accept it. Everybody seems t want to take primacy over the law and demand EXTRA steps that are not legally required under the misguided belief that that will somehow, magically protect them from something that they are in no danger of in the first place. The REAL danger is letting every Tom, Dick and Harry have your personal, private information to do with as they see fit, or at very least letting them stare at your ID long enough to compormise your security.

People, just read the damned law and get ion with your life. You may NOT sell to a person who is not a resident of your state and you may NOT

if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law

As in a convicted felon or someone adjudicated mentally unstable. Knowing my street address and drivers license number answers NEITHER of those questions so you will NOT be getting that info. All you need is to see my Drivers license to verify that I am a GA resident. Period. Stop being so damn anal folks.

If you're going to ask for a BoS, be up front about it. Ive been blindsided by it a couple times. Very frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom