• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is reloading really worth it?

They LIE!!!!!!

You will not save more, you will just shoot more and more, trying to find good deals on bullets, primers and powders will become common place, you spend your birthday money on 3K of bullets, rob the piggy bank for enough powder and barter or trade for primers. Sweating it, making your fingers black picking up range brass, digging through the trash cans at the range cuz some knuckle head threw once fired brass away and you saw the glimmer of gold......

To what end a sore trigger finger, worn shooting irons, and a blood lead level that makes a paint chip snacking project baby jealous.

They lie.....dang nabit!
:thumb:

In my case the answer is YES! I save about 65% handloading my own 45ACP. I could probably save a little more if i would buy bigger bulks. I spend about 150.00 every 4-6 weeks for 1000 rounds. I reuse the same brass at least a dozen times with full house loads until they crack. That is the only way for me to keep my trigger finger happy:)

Don't do it, it is as addicting as the shooting it self, I love it. All I reload is rifle ammo but I have a buddy with a Dillon progresive for all my handgun plinking ammo.

My father in law gave me a reloader but I have no idea how to use it. .38, 9mm, 12ga and .223/5.56 are the only calibers I use. I'd really like to know how.

Back
Top Bottom