• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is there any such thing as a secure storage for guns/ammo?

Edited since I glazed over it and mistook it for guests. Yea get it outta there. Uhaul or whatever it takes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comprehend much? He said he's having an open house, not a sleep-over. That's where a realtor brings people through the place that are looking to buy it. They look in everything, especially closets?

They're not "guests," they're prospective buyers.

Comprehend much? He said he's having an open house, not a sleep-over. That's where a realtor brings people through the place that are looking to buy it. They look in everything, especially closets?

They're not "guests," they're prospective buyers.

Yea quite well usually. Just tired and somehow misread it. Should be in bed but needed my ODT fix first
Thanks for pointing it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put a lockable door knob on that closet and lock it. It's like $10 a HD. The agent will be there so they arent going to pick it or be able to see what's in it. It's not to keep them from stealing them because of someone wants them they will find a way, it's simply to keep it from being seen. Tell the agent that closet is off limits, they will should simply gloss over it. Could even provide agent with picture of closet empty to show prospects buyers if so inclined.

Or simply store them at several ODT members homes that way you decrease your chance of having them all stolen at once....

About 12 years ago we were house shopping and came across a house listed for sale that had a room dedicated to guns. Glass cases lined all the walls loaded with long guns. I worried for the homeowner, I wouldn’t leave my guns out like that for the whole world to see.

Can you hide the safe and ammo? Maybe string a curtain rod or closet rod across them and hang up a bunch of clothes to hide your stuff? Have a Friend or family member take your stuff while you are selling and moving. That’s what I would do, just move all of my stuff to my brothers house for safe keeping. You have to move it twice that way, but it’s better than having it stolen. Plus the more uncluttered or empty your house looks, the better it can sell.

I'm moving, and the gun are in a safe. The ammo cans are piled in the closet. Next weekend we have an open house, not sure I want a bunch of strangers seeing the ammo stockpile in the closet.

Are there any secure storage places? The standard storage rental places aren't secure enough for anything of value IMHO.

Thoughts?

Lock the closet?
Yes! 6’x’6’ alarmed storage at U-Haul.

I'm moving, and the gun are in a safe. The ammo cans are piled in the closet. Next weekend we have an open house, not sure I want a bunch of strangers seeing the ammo stockpile in the closet.

Are there any secure storage places? The standard storage rental places aren't secure enough for anything of value IMHO.

Thoughts?

Lock the closet?

Don't have a friend nearby that'll help you move the ammo and store it for you?

See a good trustworthy pawnshop and explain your dilemma. Pawn them for a few bucks. Enough for the paperwork to be worthwhile to the pawnbroker. ;) I would not trust my guns in any of my family members house. I stored my loaded safe at the pawn shop.

It helps that I own the pawn shop.

Back
Top Bottom