• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is there any such thing as a secure storage for guns/ammo?

I'm moving, and the gun are in a safe. The ammo cans are piled in the closet. Next weekend we have an open house, not sure I want a bunch of strangers seeing the ammo stockpile in the closet.

Are there any secure storage places? The standard storage rental places aren't secure enough for anything of value IMHO.

Thoughts?

Lock the closet?

Lay them all so they make a nice flat surface and put a piece of plywood over them as if it is a step in the closet. Throw some cheap carpet over it and it’ll look like it’s supposed to be there. Explain that you’ll be removing it before closing.

This is funny to me because we looked at more than one house, with just our realtor, where guns were left out in plain view and safes were everywhere. I shook my head and didn't touch anything but I was always curious if they were loaded. One house had a safe in the living room right next to the front door lol.

I would put up a security camera(s) and secure anything hand totable in the safe or with family. I doubt safe crackers are visiting open houses looking for stuff to open. Personally I'd never host or attend an open house, Zillow and a good agent moves property fast.

I'm moving, and the gun are in a safe. The ammo cans are piled in the closet. Next weekend we have an open house, not sure I want a bunch of strangers seeing the ammo stockpile in the closet.

Are there any secure storage places? The standard storage rental places aren't secure enough for anything of value IMHO.

Thoughts?

Lock the closet?

I go to Estate Sales and most of the time people with guns or expensive items, Mark off the area with a YELLOW CAUTION TAPE, that says do not enter!

Back
Top Bottom