• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

It's starting. If there are mags you want, I would get them.

Okay I ordered 30 round metal AR mags from Global Ordnance last week. Ordered 3 more US Palm 30 round AK mags from Gunmagwarehouse after that. Last night I ordered 2 more Zastava M57 mags. So all I need now is a few more 1911 45 mags and a couple of G19 mags. Running out of space and money pretty quickly over here.:shocked:

Okay I ordered 30 round metal AR mags from Global Ordnance last week. Ordered 3 more US Palm 30 round AK mags from Gunmagwarehouse after that. Last night I ordered 2 more Zastava M57 mags. So all I need now is a few more 1911 45 mags and a couple of G19 mags. Running out of space and money pretty quickly over here.:shocked:

It's the peer pressure! lol I admit I've ordered some lately too.

Guys, for every place that runs out of mags, MagPul will have a truck pulling up the following Tuesday.

Don't piss your money away on something that is overpriced now and in 6 months likely to either be:

1) Completely legal at $10 each
2) Completely illegal for anyone to own who isn't LE or Military

If you assume #2 and want to bury 100 or more AR mags, have at it, but there is no way these will be grandfathered in. Any money you put into this beyond sheer necessity is being flushed down a rat hole.

If you want to spend $1000... send it to the Second Amendment Foundation. They are far more likely to make it legal to own 'high capacity' mags for the next 10 years than any of this crap.
unfortunately I have to agree....although I've been buying....until recently it didn't occur to me that they would become felony instruments...

Or they wont... Even Dems, in this environment wont be able to get everything they want... although High Cap mags I would bet will be something they get... I will be happy to know that I have them... they do not know about it... and because!

Guys, for every place that runs out of mags, MagPul will have a truck pulling up the following Tuesday.

Don't piss your money away on something that is overpriced now and in 6 months likely to either be:

1) Completely legal at $10 each
2) Completely illegal for anyone to own who isn't LE or Military

If you assume #2 and want to bury 100 or more AR mags, have at it, but there is no way these will be grandfathered in. Any money you put into this beyond sheer necessity is being flushed down a rat hole.

If you want to spend $1000... send it to the Second Amendment Foundation. They are far more likely to make it legal to own 'high capacity' mags for the next 10 years than any of this crap.

They are not overpriced now. That’s why we are warning people to get them before they become overpriced. If you don’t want or don’t need them, don’t buy them. But if there are mags you are wanting, I would get them now before they become overpriced.

I think you also missed the memo that the distributors are running out and unable to keep up with current demand. What is still readily available today could be a flippers wet dream in 3 weeks.

But as long as production keeps up they will stabilize and come back down. There's no shortage of polymer resin like there is of primers.

I do agree that if you are caught short on some mags you really do need, buy them. Back in 2019 would have been a better time, but if you're down a mag or two it's not a huge deal to pay a couple of bucks more now.

But buying dozens, or even hundreds of commodity mags that you have a 50/50 chance of never being able to use in public? That simply doesn't make any sense to me.

Like I said, better to send that money to SAF or FPC and help keep the right to own whatever mags we want... But hey, it's a free country (for another few days). Hopefully MagPul will donate some of this windfall to a useful cause.

anything wrong with that???
Why yes, yes there is. Your hoarding reduces supply of ammo & mags available to the poors of the brotherhood. You are the reason they can't go to the local gunshop on the way to the range to pick up a coupe of $8.99 boxes of 9mm. If you hoarding neckbeards hadn't a bought up all the ammo and magazines, there'd be plenny of it available to the brotherhood of gunowners and ODT members.

(there really are mouth breathing idiots that think this way here)

Curious to know how things are done in the communists states (CA, MA, NJ, NY, Chicago, etc.) with 10 round mags. I see advertised full length 30 round looking mags, but are pinned and/or modified for 10 rounds. So at a range in these communist strongholds, is there someone counting round count for all customers trying to hit a paper target?

Back
Top Bottom