• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

It's starting. If there are mags you want, I would get them.

Curious to know how things are done in the communists states (CA, MA, NJ, NY, Chicago, etc.) with 10 round mags. I see advertised full length 30 round looking mags, but are pinned and/or modified for 10 rounds. So at a range in these communist strongholds, is there someone counting round count for all customers trying to hit a paper target?
Wannabe LEO Fudd RSOs.

Curious to know how things are done in the communists states (CA, MA, NJ, NY, Chicago, etc.) with 10 round mags. I see advertised full length 30 round looking mags, but are pinned and/or modified for 10 rounds. So at a range in these communist strongholds, is there someone counting round count for all customers trying to hit a paper target?

Doubtful. But would you risk thousands in fines and possible prison to shoot those extra rounds at a range when you might just happen to be next to a cop with an attitude?

I'm sure there are plenty of 'large capacity' mags in all those states, but I doubt they see much daylight.

There are thousands of laws on the books, local, state and federal, that are difficult to enforce. However, they come in handy when a citizen gets uppity. "Hmm, let's see if Mr.-Thinks-he-Lives-in-a-Free-Country has broken any laws..." The answer to that question will always be yes, if the state is motivated enough. A long list of people who became enemies of the state, for one reason or another (the common reasons being political or bureaucratic ambition), and found themselves at the wrong end of guns in the hands of agents.

But as long as production keeps up they will stabilize and come back down. There's no shortage of polymer resin like there is of primers.

I do agree that if you are caught short on some mags you really do need, buy them. Back in 2019 would have been a better time, but if you're down a mag or two it's not a huge deal to pay a couple of bucks more now.

But buying dozens, or even hundreds of commodity mags that you have a 50/50 chance of never being able to use in public? That simply doesn't make any sense to me.

Like I said, better to send that money to SAF or FPC and help keep the right to own whatever mags we want... But hey, it's a free country (for another few days). Hopefully MagPul will donate some of this windfall to a useful cause.

Ah, I see we are talking about two different things. If your goal is to avoid missing out on magazines before they are made illegal than yes I would agree with you.

The purpose of this thread however isn’t to warn people to buy magazines before they are made illegal, but rather to warn people to get them now before supply and demand drive the prices up. This thread is about protecting ones self from a panic, not legislation. Magazines are always the last thing to be affected in a panic so I was offering a word of caution to people BEFORE prices skyrocket which is coming in the next couple of weeks.

Got a few of those stupid cheap SHK GI mags in from GO today. First thought, was damn these are heavy. Curiosity got the better of me so i decided to measure a few to compare.

Unloaded Pmag G2 4.8oz
Unloaded C-products GI 4.0oz
Unloaded Dura Mag GI 4.0oz
Unloaded SHK GI 8.3oz

Loaded Pmag 1lb 1oz

I will say there is less wobble from the mag when inserted into the mag well. Guess i will go out this weekend to burn up $100 to see how they feed.

B1E346DC-917E-47DE-B3CC-61A884D3C782.jpeg

Got a few of those stupid cheap SHK GI mags in from GO today. First thought, was damn these are heavy. Curiosity got the better of me so i decided to measure a few to compare.

Unloaded Pmag G2 4.8oz
Unloaded C-products GI 4.0oz
Unloaded Dura Mag GI 4.0oz
Unloaded SHK GI 8.3oz

Loaded Pmag 1lb 1oz

I will say there is less wobble from the mag when inserted into the mag well. Guess i will go out this weekend to burn up $100 to see how they feed.

View attachment 3049075

Range report? Seeing mags go out of stock everywhere now. Prices going up as well.

Back
Top Bottom