• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I've Just Rescued the Wifey... lol

We had 1 that was about 12 inches long my wife was screaming down stairs like it was a an intruder in the house, here I come down stairs with my Gun ready to shoot , then she points at the little snake. I picked it up and put in in my yard. My old King Charles cavalier would kill any snake that came in the house, and trade you a treat for the Dead Snake.

I had a five-foot version of that in my garage a few years ago.
I picked it up and put it in the woods 50 yards away.
But, I chickened out on the way I picked it up-- I pinned its head and grabbed it firmly just behind the jaws. That was probably not necessary, and made the snake upset and got it thrashing more than it needed to. I've picked up 2-foot to 30-inch snakes without controlling their head before, just handling them gently and supporting their bodies, and have rarely gotten bit. Most snakes are pretty chill.
A venomous snake can still fang you if you pick it up behind the head for future reference.

We had 1 that was about 12 inches long my wife was screaming down stairs like it was a an intruder in the house, here I come down stairs with my Gun ready to shoot , then she points at the little snake. I picked it up and put in in my yard. My old King Charles cavalier would kill any snake that came in the house, and trade you a treat for the Dead Snake.
Hahaha.... Same with my wife.... and when I grabbed it, she ran away screaming saying that I was crazy, that I should kill it. So, I took the opportunity to teach about how good it is to have a rat snake around. And she hates rats, so she asked “Does this mean the snake came after rats” I was like “Maybe...” lol:becky::becky::becky:

IMG_20160608_124748866.jpg

Back
Top Bottom