• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jury duty....

I had federal jury duty back in February. I loathed being there. I was there majority of the day only to be struck from the jury. The judge, prosecutors, and fbi agent that were all there didn't like when I told them I believed in the right to use my conscience in determining a verdict, that I thought the power of the federal government has been abused, every gun law is an infringement, and the feds shouldn't have the power to charge an individual with a crime unless it pertained to national security. Even after having the "interview" with them at the judge's bench I still sat there for a couple hours waiting. All on the front row while the limp dick fbi agent glared at me.
Not guilty ! **** the feds

They did. Although it still doesn't change the fact that they only pay pennies for the day compared to what I would regularly make combined with not getting 8hrs of overtime pay that week. They paid me 8hrs straight pay, the check was sent back to .gov and I lost 8hrs overtime pay that week along with the hours I would've over that particular day.
Your employer cashed that check, Government doesn't take it back. Employer with some companies does that which I think is lame.

It’s called Civic Duty.
Your name on here explains alot. Jury duty isn't your civic duty as many would like to claim, if the government forces you to do something you don't want to take part in but if you dont you will be punished it is extortion. Civic duty would more closely be defined by voting. It's amazing how folks can be coerced into believing it is their duty to do something just because others reparations the same line over and over.

Everybody should do their part. Amazing how folks don't mind voicing their opinion on here but seem to think they shouldn't have to serve their Civic Duty when called.
I showed up and told them how I would reach a verdict and my beliefs on the federal government. I did my part.

Everybody should do their part. Amazing how folks don't mind voicing their opinion on here but seem to think they shouldn't have to serve their Civic Duty when called.
True dat-

On another note…. I don’t know how but I am 57 and have never been called to jury duty. Been voting since age 18 -
i have heard of folks getting called every couple years or so.

Your name on here explains alot. Jury duty isn't your civic duty as many would like to claim, if the government forces you to do something you don't want to take part in but if you dont you will be punished it is extortion. Civic duty would more closely be defined by voting. It's amazing how folks can be coerced into believing it is their duty to do something just because others reparations the same line over and over.

I showed up and told them how I would reach a verdict and my beliefs on the federal government. I did my part.
Sure you did.

Sure you did.
Is it better to be truthful and tell them how you feel about the law and express you understand and support jury nullification or just sit quietly, sit through a trial then nullify the jury? I got them what they wanted, I got them a jury full of slack jaw mouth breathers.

Is it better to be truthful and tell them how you feel about the law and express you understand and support jury nullification or just sit quietly, sit through a trial then nullify the jury? I got them what they wanted, I got them a jury full of slack jaw mouth breathers.
I have sat thru a bunch and heard a few folks say some things that the Judge drilled their butts and made them come back everyday knowing that they would not be picked, just because he could. When if they would have kept their mouth shut, they would have been fine. That being said I doubt you talked to the judge like that, maybe in a different tone and way. You don't tell a Judge what to do or what you will do without consequences of at least being scolded, from what I have witnessed.

Back
Top Bottom