• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kimber solo: Ammo restrictions

OSSAHATCHIE

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
Just recieved my issue of american rifleman today, started reading the article on the solo. Interesting comments that kimber made about not being able to shoot range ammo, just quality defensive pistol ammo only. And they recomend replacing the recoil spring every 1,000 rounds.the article said this was stated in the operators manual. If i was in the market for one this may be an issue.

Interesting, going to go read the article now. Sounds like BS to me, with cost of defensive ammo it sounds like a cop out to get out of servicing the pistol. As far as changing out the recoil spring, in a smaller pistol that is common, have seen suggested replacement of some pocket 9s as low as every 200 rounds. Will get back as soon as I read the article.

Nope. I have a Kimber solo, and have shot the sample gun at the range quite a bit. It will cycle anything that it was fed. The manual does state to replace the spring after 1000 rounds, but i haven't reached that on mine as of yet. The sample gun at the shop seems to be holding up just fine. Can say first hand...its probably BS.

Nope. I have a Kimber solo, and have shot the sample gun at the range quite a bit. It will cycle anything that it was fed. The manual does state to replace the spring after 1000 rounds, but i haven't reached that on mine as of yet. The sample gun at the shop seems to be holding up just fine. Can say first hand...its probably BS.

Since you got yours last night, how many rounds have you put through it?

I just read the article, what it says is that the gun is apparently partial to 124gr or heavier bullets. As much as I would like to stomp on Kimber this isn't exactly new, there have been other manufactures who have said that certain bullet weights are less then 100% reliable with their platforms. H&Ks P7 in the manual say it will not function properly with bullets below 115gr, the Kimber I suspect is about the same and since there are some lightweight defensive rounds out there Kimber is trying to cover their rear in case someone tries running Powerball ammo and it doesn't function properly.

Back
Top Bottom