• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Land Cruiser Truck

From the Middle East to Thailand to Australia everyone uses these trucks. Most people don’t understand that nobody anywhere in the world cares about a union made American vehicle. There’s a reason why there’s a ford dealer in every town in America and every one has a huge service department. 35k overseas is a hell of a lot of money but they don’t do 5 k service and get hundreds of thousands of miles. Sure you could buy a raptor but then you’ve still got a ford that was built by guys making $45 an hour to put in two screws who may or may not be drunk and forgot to install the airbags.

On Ih8mud.com, a guy in Texas acquired a 92 HZJ80 ex UN 80 series. It was equipped with a 1HZ 4.2L inline 6 diesel, 5 speed transmission, vinyl interior, no interior power options. He bought t in Belgium, repainted it Toyota Super White and installed front and rear e -locker diffs. I was talking to him about it before he posted it for sale. he put it up for around $23K. He posted it around 11am. I messaged him about putting money on it at 5pm. By 7pm, he told me he sold it.

The interior was worn with worn seats and floor, but no rust to speak of, and over 200k miles. It sold in a matter of hours.

Admittedly it's a unicorn among Land Cruiser enthusiasts with it's rear barn doors, left hand drive and 5 speed with part time transmission, but it still brought about 50 to 60% of it's new price after 28 years.

From what I’ve learned. The guy/company in Colorado is taking the bare bones models like I saw in transport on 75 and putting a luxury land cruiser interior with leather power door windows AC etc into them. His top model is in the 80k range. Not sure where the transport I saw was headed. But they were all diesel 4x4 models

This is the one I saw on Pleasant Hill at 85. Had a GA dealer tag (red metal plate, not drive out)
631BDB77-36BB-4467-9414-83DA7B3E11A6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom