• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Land Rover

SMLEshooter

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
92   0
Reaction score
Long shot, but anybody here have a Discovery 2 with a blown engine they want to get rid of?

I had a moron try to do a U-turn into mine over the Christmas break, thereby totaling it due to body damage...

My engine is still good, so looking for something to put it in.

I had one in 2008 that blew the engine with only 80K miles on it. Had so much trouble with that piece of chit, just about gave it away. Dealer wanted more to replace engine than it was worth, then had the gall to try to sell me a new one.

Got a 95 model in running condition in Perry. If you look back at old ads or my content it should show up. Body is pretty decent. The front seats are trashed from sun damage.

I had one in 2008 that blew the engine with only 80K miles on it. Had so much trouble with that piece of chit, just about gave it away. Dealer wanted more to replace engine than it was worth, then had the gall to try to sell me a new one.
Had one once. Almost spray painted "POS" on the side of it before I got rid of it.

Had one once. Almost spray painted "POS" on the side of it before I got rid of it.

Ha! yeah, I almost did the same thing.

I bought it used without knowing a thing about them. Over paid too. After the check engine light came on, on the way home from the dealer... and the engine failing 9,000 miles later, I realized I'd made an expensive mistake. The Rover sat for over a year before I realized that an older, low mileage Rover engine I had on an engine stand in the back of my shop would fit, so I modified it, put it the car along with a new cooling system and most of the ignition system replaced and put 6,000 miles on it in two months with no problems.

Then BAM, some 20 year old idiot runs into me.

Off road, in stock configuration, it runs circles around my stock Jeep Wrangler...

Back
Top Bottom