• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Last Will and Testament - Who gets your stuff

You're trying to reach out for it too hard there buddy. Pull back on the reins until you have something of comedic value. That will help hide this campaign you're running here. 😁
Y'all need to get a room and settle this unrequited love affair you have goimg on.

A Trust is the way to go. Probate not involved at all. Everything is spelled out who gets what. All financial institutions holding bank accounts, investment accounts, CD's, whatever are legally bound to distribute the financial assets to whomever is specifically named in the Trust. Avoids bickering by family members.
A Power of Attorney will help expiate the fulfillment of the trust and remove any doubt.

Working as an estate liquidator I will vouch for this. People are disgusting, horrible and niggardly after a family member dies. I've seen grown people get into fist fights over a "painting" actually a cheap print) that I'd valued at less than $50.

An old GF's father told me about his family's practice of getting all the beneficiaries together for an "auction." Each person was given the same amount of play money and they could bid on items from the estate. How badly do you want that S&H Green Stamp lamp? You have to outbid your siblings.

My baby brother is on my trust so he gets to take all my Title II stuff. I told him to let his kids pick out what they want and then rent a truck and take everything left to Montrose Auction and let Trey sell it off. I don't want a bunch of neckbeard vultures picking my bones clean after I die, gathering at the Waffle House and patting themselves on the belly all satisfied with what they "stole" from the family selling my stuff.
Went to the funeral home with MIL and ex after the passing of my ex-wife's grandfather. Her grandparents were dirt poor farmers, lived in a house with tin can lids covering holes in the exterior walls, lived off of can food mostly. I watched my money-grubbing ex MIL get in a loud and heated argument with her sister - over the casket - while her mother sat in the corner completely unaware (dementia)...all over who got to keep the $5 or 6 hundred dollars in their checking account.

She later found a couple of stashed mason jars in the old mans outbuilding/shop. She spent weeks going back and forth digging holes in the yard and deconstructing the 800 sq foot home and outbuilding looking for more.

Some people are beyond greedy, the whole thing was absolutely sickening...it really showed me the selfishness of some people.

as far as all this trust.....and lawyer crap going on...don't waste your money....put you children on your deed, and in your checking account, and stock account...no need for anything...bam bam...thank you mam!!!

Back
Top Bottom