Let's do this. AR v.s. AK with poll

AR v.s. AK

• Total voters
Poverty rifles that cost as much or more than many ARs here in the states... But they almost give them away in most of the hell holes of the world
Funny how that works. This Galil cost me damn near $3,000+ due to the rarity here in the United States. We will never see them imported again due to import laws. :
CDE42766-5415-479C-8B50-4B8AB186DC0B.jpeg

Over in Israel they are treated like yesterday’s garbage and if you could get $300 bucks for it id be surprised :

D852790B-A334-44BF-B425-400A88FEDC26.jpeg

It’s all about real estate location location location

Gotta love Gunny! I think it was a good showing of the attributes of the two rifles. Nothing wrong with a good AK, but here in the USA superior parts/ammo/mags/rifle availability goes to the AR by a landslide. Both good rifles, both can get the job done, zero reason not to have both.

On a side note, the 7.62x39 retains velocity/energy better than the 5.56 in a short barrel so in terminal effect, AK pistols > AR pistols.

One thing that first caught my attention was how SKS and AK rounds easily penetrated trees with circumferences of 36 inches, just larger than a telephone pole. That shows a fair amount of raw power that the 5.56 and 5.45 lack.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=shooting+SKS+rounds+through+trees

One thing that first caught my attention was how SKS and AK rounds easily penetrated trees with circumferences of 36 inches, just larger than a telephone pole. That shows a fair amount of raw power that the 5.56 and 5.45 lack.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=shooting+SKS+rounds+through+trees

The only one that penetrated the entire tree was the 7.62x54. The one round from the 7.62x39 was a deflection and came out more to the side, so not the full diameter. The other two did not penetrate.

It's not the size of the projectile that does the damage. It's the AR's speed that kills. The temp wound cavity is massive and almost unrecoverable from. If we used soft point ammo against the turbans that we don't have a treaty with it would be a one shot one kill situation. The green tips just zing through them like a hot steel ball. Sure it leaves a small temp cavity but nothing like what could be done with the right projectile. A thorough study was done on mass vs. speed by the military and government and the speed won out for the range typical engagements occur. Shoot a watermelon at the same distance with both rounds and watch the results. It's horrifying.

It's not the size of the projectile that does the damage. It's the AR's speed that kills. The temp wound cavity is massive and almost unrecoverable from. If we used soft point ammo against the turbans that we don't have a treaty with it would be a one shot one kill situation. The green tips just zing through them like a hot steel ball. Sure it leaves a small temp cavity but nothing like what could be done with the right projectile. A thorough study was done on mass vs. speed by the military and government and the speed won out for the range typical engagements occur. Shoot a watermelon at the same distance with both rounds and watch the results. It's horrifying.
Yep! ARs are devastating against watermelons. :pound:

Funny how that works. This Galil cost me damn near $3,000+ due to the rarity here in the United States. We will never see them imported again due to import laws. :
View attachment 1447300

Over in Israel they are treated like yesterday’s garbage and if you could get $300 bucks for it id be surprised :

View attachment 1447301

It’s all about real estate location location location
Yup. We'll never see a lot of really awesome gun and ammo cause of such restrictions. We've got what we've got and values are skyrocketing. Nice piece btw

The size of the round helps but is not the most important factor here. Shot placement is always number 1 . I’ll take a hit with a .22 over a miss with a .338 lapua magnum any day of the week.

I have a family member who was shot 7 times with a 7.62x39. She is still alive today and back to 100%. We are stronger then we really know but there is a limit to what the human body can take . So shoot for keeps

The size of the round helps but is not the most important factor here. Shot placement is always number 1 . I’ll take a hit with a .22 over a miss with a .338 lapua magnum any day of the week.

I have a family member who was shot 7 times with a 7.62x39. She is still alive today and back to 100%. We are stronger then we really know but there is a limit to what the human body can take . So shoot for keeps

Need to hear the story of how she got shot!

Back
Top Bottom