• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let's do this. AR v.s. AK with poll

AR v.s. AK

• Total voters
I like the AR for accuracy. The rifle & ammo are lighter, & they are everywhere so any milspec parts will work when something breaks.(& ARs eventually will ). However the AK is tank tough, will last for decades.It has more knockdown power & looks better doing it!

thread needs to die.jpg

77 grains traveling at 2800 fps with Sub MOA accuracy shreds the 7.62. Both rounds do equivalent damage to soft tissue. Neither round can penetrate plates. Pin point accuracy wins, especially above 100 yards. The AK just does not have it. AR rail system gives you more optics and accessory options that up your chances in a fight. The AR wins.

AR's are best. I used an AK in Afghanistan nice an tricked out but an ok shooter with and AR can out shoot a pro with an AK.

Rang AR
Functionality and ease AR
Upgradability, Optics, Triggers,Barrals, ect AR
Durability AK
Gun used on the winning side AR
Gun used on the losing side AK

Attachments

• DSCN0136.JPG
    DSCN0136.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 23
AR because Merica. Preferably a Colt 6920, 6720, or AR15A4 made before 2015 at the latest. If I can't have a good Colt I would take an AK in 5.45 assuming I had an ample supply of ammo. Either way I wouldn't be getting in the macho firefights that you guys fantasize about. Half of y'all have confessed to hardly ever shooting your guns anyway. Good luck surviving like that!

Back
Top Bottom