• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long range shooter question

I’ve run to 2,000yds+ at Arena without using a ballistic app. Yep, they’re great tools, but there is satisfaction to figuring it all out with a $4 Walmart calculator instead.
Eddie at Arena is a great guy! I love shooting out there. I'm not that good at ranging objects out there because I don't know the sizes of the steel. The steel seems small from the tower but when I drove out in the range I saw that they were huge and what appeared to be side by side really had hills and valleys and hundred of yards between them. And none of our range finders worked past about 1256 yards..

I’ve run to 2,000yds+ at Arena without using a ballistic app. Yep, they’re great tools, but there is satisfaction to figuring it all out with a $4 Walmart calculator instead.
let me know when you go ELR shooting Next time. I am always trying to learn and get better.. I just bought a Sig Kilo 2400 ABS this week and hope that it will perform better than my Leupold RX-2800 w/TBR ..... if not then, I'm going to get a Terrapin-X
Check your pm

Rifle as it sits. I do need a wheelbarrow to move it around.

Attachments

• 1A1AE5C9-3AE9-43F5-91A0-95BCD9C41D3E.jpeg
    1A1AE5C9-3AE9-43F5-91A0-95BCD9C41D3E.jpeg
    36.6 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom