• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a place to shoot long range!

It’s in TN (about 50 minutes from TN / GA line). 1000 yard range with steel and electronic targets (very cool if you have never used them). They also have 180 degree bays with steel targets, skeet / trap, and rimfire range.

Good option for those in NW GA

Great range!!

It’s in TN (about 50 minutes from TN / GA line). 1000 yard range with steel and electronic targets (very cool if you have never used them). They also have 180 degree bays with steel targets, skeet / trap, and rimfire range.

Good option for those in NW GA

55 minutes to Riverbend Gun Club. Best place to shoot by far for all your firearm needs. Pistol, shotgun and rifle out to 600. Mock Western town with swinging doors to swinging plates and plates in wooded areas out of the sun.

As a member there, I can tell you that shooting the 600 yard range is not easy. They do not have anything to make shooting at that range comfortable. There are no stations to shoot from. You will need to bring your own....to set a target, you will need to drive to the target area.....it's not easy, BUT it is there. Now, they do have some metal targets at 300 which are somewhat easier, however you will also have to drive to the target area to paint the steel.....there are NICE 200 & 100 yard setups!! Pistol, shotgun, and all other stations are first class....I wish they would do more for the long range shooter, however the club is run mainly by pistol folks, and the attention is given more to those areas. The membership dues are very reasonable!!! it's first class for sure!!

Riverbend's 600 yard firing line is just a grassy hill, with a recently-mowed lawn to set up your gear on and shoot from.
Parking is about 50 yards away, so you'll have to hump (or roll, with a cart or wagon) your gear the last bit up that hill.

I've only done highpower matches there-- no benchrest, no buffalo rifle, etc.

Highpower shooters can do "F-class" meaning you can use a bipod, maybe even sandbags (definitely sandbags if you're shooting for fun not for score, not to be eligible for NRA classification or winning prizes).
I shot a Savage model 10 in .243 there, using 100 grain soft point factory deer huntin' ammo, and I did pretty well once I got zero'd (the real world bullet drop was different from one online ballistics charts said it would be).

The firing line is out in the sun, no shade, but I think you can set up your own shade umbrella IF you secure it or weight it down so it doesn't rock and distract other shooters, or fall on your neighboring shooter.

Back
Top Bottom