• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a private land range over 200 yards

jastricker

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
192   0
Reaction score
I am looking for someone with a home range longer then 200 yards and 1000 would be awesome. Hopefully, near dawsonville/jasper/canton/ Woodstock/ kennesaw. I have a Barrett .50cal I have up for sale, and I would like to shoot more and you would get to shoot it as well. I also have a scoped Yugoslavian M77 ak I would like to shoot as well. Send me a pm if you have range I could use. Thanks for your help

I think Riverbend has out to 600 yards. Great facility. I would join if I lived closer to dawsonville.

good luck finding someone to let you shoot on their land. These requests pop up frequently and I’m not sure they have ever been fulfilled.

CMP Range in Talladega AL. 600yds?

Elk River Training Center in Pelham TN has 1,000yds.

Gunsite Hills in Lexington GA. 700yds

The Sawmill in Laurens SC. 1400-1500yds.

I conduct classes at Elk River and will be soon at The Sawmill.

Even established ranges with insurance and all that are leery of folks shooting .50BMG. Many don’t allow it, and those that do usually require you to be vetted prior to shooting it. I know that ERTC requires you to pass a qualification course to shoot anything over .300WinMag. I believe that Chief has to give his personal OK before running a .50 at Gunsite Hills.

jastricker, Riverbend may not allow that .50 BMG rifle even if you join as a member. They are pretty restrictive about stuff like that, especially if your rifle has the kind of muzzle brake that directs the gas back and to your sides, at the other shooters on the firing line with you.

Have you shot it 200 yards yet?

We can take it up to my hunting land and do that. Splattering watermelons and pumpkins and old appliances at 25 yards was fun, but I'm with you on the desire to let that bad boy stretch its legs with longer distances.
I'm curious to see if it punches through 3/8" steel plate at 200 yards as easily as it does at 25.

(Actually, we could shoot it 5000 yards at my place. Only there's no target, and no backstop. But if you fire it up in the air at a 45 degree angle, pointed north-northeast, the bullet should land about 3 miles away!)

jastricker, Riverbend may not allow that .50 BMG rifle even if you join as a member. They are pretty restrictive about stuff like that, especially if your rifle has the kind of muzzle brake that directs the gas back and to your sides, at the other shooters on the firing line with you.

Have you shot it 200 yards yet?

We can take it up to my hunting land and do that. Splattering watermelons and pumpkins and old appliances at 25 yards was fun, but I'm with you on the desire to let that bad boy stretch its legs with longer distances.
I'm curious to see if it punches through 3/8" steel plate at 200 yards as easily as it does at 25.

(Actually, we could shoot it 5000 yards at my place. Only there's no target, and no backstop. But if you fire it up in the air at a 45 degree angle, pointed north-northeast, the bullet should land about 3 miles away!)
Riverbend allows 50BMG with their “super gun” certification. Ensures you’re not a ‘tard and can keep it on property.

Back
Top Bottom