• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for reloading advise, newbie! Tools, Supplies Etc.

I myself like the dillon 550b. its simple and produces a good and consistant round. if you break something or someting wears out call them and its on the way.I have tryed to pay them and told them I broke something and it was my fault but they would not take any money.I had to resort to buying something else from them just so they would take some of my money.I just don't feel right having them replacing something that I know was my own fault that I broke.also like others said buy in bulk. I have had a few orders from powder valley around the 4000.00 mark,the last time I bought projectiles for 223/.224dia I bought 8,000 55gr.I think there is about 6000 left but I have 2 5gallon buckets of brass to check and trim if needed. I am thinking about buying an electric case trimmer and using one of my single stage presses to mount it on. I am tired of the hand cranking.another thing about reloading when your out of ammo you won't be one of the many people going from store to store and standing in front on an empty case scratching your head saying dang I wish this or that.and you won't be the one with a jar of vaseline in your hand asking how much!!!!! I also am a fan of casting your own.I cast .50 cal ball for my black powder and 1oz 12 ga slugs from tire weights.I stock up on tire weights and when I get 3 or 4 5gal buckets I melt them and pour them into a cup cake pan take a candle or an oxy acte. torch and put a litle soot in them and when they cool down they fall right out.when I need to cast I have ingots ready to use and are manageable and stackable.

Back
Top Bottom