• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking to get into waterfowling

Alex Gilbert

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Hey there,

I am an experienced big game hunter that has recently felt the itch to get into waterfowling. I was wondering if any experienced waterfowlers would be willing to take me out to help show me the ropes. I’m willing to help cover costs for the trip or whatever else I can provide to make it a mutually beneficial trip.

I live in North Atlanta so being able to connect with someone in the area would be great, but I’m not afraid to travel to someone that is willing to help.

If interested, please feel free to shoot me a message. I’d be willing to meet up with someone before signing up to go hunting to make sure we are comfortable with each other.

Thanks!
Alex

Never been myself. But I live in south east Georgia and my property has a creek and a swamp that is full of duck. I’ve keep saying I’m going to give it a shot but I don’t know what I’m doing. During deer season it is almost a daily occurrence that I jump a mess of duck moving to or from the stand. I’ve had an army buddy and his brother come deer hunt and they have commented on the over abundance of duck and asked why I’m not duck hunting. But it boils down to one thing. I have no clue what I’m doing. But if interested your welcome to come down and we could try to figure it out. Maybe my buddy and his brother could get down and we could all go and they could point us in the right direction. They keep wanting to come duck hunt but work or something always comes up and they are not able to make it. Anyway the offers out there just let me know.

Waders, gun and a warm jacket...if your hunting over a pond, around here you don’t even use calls, they will come in.
Need a dog or a small boat

I'm far from an expert, but I tried to get into waterfowl hunting several years ago and here's the bad news. As far as I can tell, the closest good population of waterfowl to Atlanta is Guntersville Lake in Alabama and it's heavily hunted. You can get into some Wood Ducks (two bird limit last I checked) round here and occasionally something else will pop up, but other than that it's mostly almost tame Geese. Atlanta is just about as far away from a migratory flyway as you can get in the Eastern US.

There may be exceptions to this, but I found it was a lot of work and increasing expense for very few shooting opportunities.

Never been myself. But I live in south east Georgia and my property has a creek and a swamp that is full of duck. I’ve keep saying I’m going to give it a shot but I don’t know what I’m doing. During deer season it is almost a daily occurrence that I jump a mess of duck moving to or from the stand. I’ve had an army buddy and his brother come deer hunt and they have commented on the over abundance of duck and asked why I’m not duck hunting. But it boils down to one thing. I have no clue what I’m doing. But if interested your welcome to come down and we could try to figure it out. Maybe my buddy and his brother could get down and we could all go and they could point us in the right direction. They keep wanting to come duck hunt but work or something always comes up and they are not able to make it. Anyway the offers out there just let me know.

Sent u a PM

Back
Top Bottom