• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking to purchase a new AR any suggestions?

Wolf's review is 1.88 stars out of five. Their customer service is atrocious simply atrocious, sometimes not responding back for 3 months I sure as hell ( pardon my French ) hope you didn't go that route. We as a community have failed this young man in the most disgraceful way. We were so wrapped up in trying to tell them what to buy we didn't tell him who not to buy from. I am shamed and I hang my head low.

Wolf's review is 1.88 stars out of five. Their customer service is atrocious simply atrocious, sometimes not responding back for 3 months I sure as hell ( pardon my French ) hope you didn't go that route. We as a community have failed this young man in the most disgraceful way. We were so wrapped up in trying to tell them what to buy we didn't tell him who not to buy from. I am shamed and I hang my head low.
I'd go ahead and buy one anyway. You won't need their lousy customer service because they don't sell defective and unreliable products to begin with.

Looks like the Wolf A1 is a complete upper, which you will have to drop on your separately purchased lower.

It is a short stroke piston system, instead of the common/standard direct gas impingement. It trades one set of "problems" for another. I'm not a fan of piston AR's.

One of the issues you'll have to deal with are proprietary parts. You won't be able to walk in your LGS and buy certain replacement parts.

You are stuck with the 2-piece polymer handguards that are on the rifle. Due to the large size of the piston assembly over top the barrel, compared to an AR gas tube, you'll have issues when attempting to find a different handguard setup if you want to upgrade.

For your first or only AR, I wouldn't recommend going with a non-standard, proprietary system.

Looks like the Wolf A1 is a complete upper, which you will have to drop on your separately purchased lower.

It is a short stroke piston system, instead of the common/standard direct gas impingement. It trades one set of "problems" for another. I'm not a fan of piston AR's.

One of the issues you'll have to deal with are proprietary parts. You won't be able to walk in your LGS and buy certain replacement parts.

You are stuck with the 2-piece polymer handguards that are on the rifle. Due to the large size of the piston assembly over top the barrel, compared to an AR gas tube, you'll have issues when attempting to find a different handguard setup if you want to upgrade.

For your first or only AR, I wouldn't recommend going with a non-standard, proprietary system.
It's so reliable you won't need replacement parts, and the handguard is perfect as-is. It's a strong buy.

Doing some additional research, it seems that there is a steel plate riveted to the front of the upper receiver to provide support for the op rod. With the piece riveted to the upper receiver, no commonly found, unmodified, handguards will fit it.

It's so reliable you won't need replacement parts, and the handguard is perfect as-is. It's a strong buy.

Incorrect. Parts are designed to wear out over time. Hot corrosive gases wear on parts, and metal-to-metal wear always happens. Every gun company on the planet has sent out parts that broke or wore prematurely. I'm an Armorer and gunsmith, so I see it every single day, oftentimes from top tier manufacturers.

I guarantee you that the Taiwanese military has a regular repair and replacement schedule for the T91. Many of the critical, moving parts in the upper receiver won't be found on the shelf of your LGS. You'll have to order them online.

The bolt carrier is proprietary, as is the gas block/front sight assembly. They can be purchased online for having spare parts, but they're not something that you can just walk into most places and buy.

The handguards are a personal choice. For me, they are far from perfect. Difficult to mount a light to. I can't engage what I can't identify. Many folks nowadays are running night vision equipment, and will need mounting surfaces. If the handguard is perfect for you, then it's perfect for you.......but you ain't the one you're trying to sell this to. You're trying to sell it to someone that doesn't know what they want, and you are leaving them with absolutely no choices on what is the most modular carbine on the planet.

Incorrect. Parts are designed to wear out over time. Hot corrosive gases wear on parts, and metal-to-metal wear always happens. Every gun company on the planet has sent out parts that broke or wore prematurely. I'm an Armorer and gunsmith, so I see it every single day, oftentimes from top tier manufacturers.

I guarantee you that the Taiwanese military has a regular repair and replacement schedule for the T91. Many of the critical, moving parts in the upper receiver won't be found on the shelf of your LGS. You'll have to order them online.

The bolt carrier is proprietary, as is the gas block/front sight assembly. They can be purchased online for having spare parts, but they're not something that you can just in most places and buy.

The handguards are a personal choice. For me, they are far from perfect. Difficult to mount a light to. I can't engage what I can't identify. Many folks nowadays are running night vision equipment, and will need mounting surfaces. If the handguard is perfect for you, then it's perfect for you.......but you ain't the one you're trying to sell this to. You're trying to sell it to someone that doesn't know what they want, and you are leaving them with absolutely no choices on what is the most modular carbine on the planet.

1676662381514.png

Back
Top Bottom