• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking to purchase a new AR any suggestions?

If you are trying to make some kind of point to me, your reading comprehension is piss poor.

I stated numerous times that the proprietary parts cannot be picked up by walking into your LGS (that stands for "local gun shop").

I also stated that in order to acquire these proprietary parts, you would have to order them online.

You posting a link to a website where one can order the parts confirmed EXACTLY what I have already stated.....more than once.

Some of my highlights:

"You won't be able to walk in your LGS and buy certain replacement parts." Post #264

"Many of the critical, moving parts in the upper receiver won't be found on the shelf of your LGS. You'll have to order them online." Post #267

"They can be purchased online for having spare parts, but they're not something that you can just walk into most places and buy." Post #267

The OP is located in Villa Rica. If you want to prove me wrong, provide me with at least one gun shop in the immediate Villa Rica area where one can walk in any day of the week and purchase proprietary replacement parts for the Wolf A1/T91 upper receiver.
Tons of gun shops are stuck in the flint lock age. Just order extra parts online and have them on hand if it's your primary rifle. Problem solved.

Tons of gun shops are stuck in the flint lock age. Just order extra parts online and have them on hand if it's your primary rifle. Problem solved.

Thank you for once again proving my point. Doesn't make a difference what the causative factor is. What matters is the FACT that parts aren't on the shelf.

The T91 doesn't do ANYTHING that a well-built DGI AR won't do just as well, and to exactly the same point.......buuuuuuuut......it requires proprietary parts that you can't just buy off the shelf locally.

If it were a substantial leap forward in technology (it ain't), and it did a host of tasks better than a DGI AR (it doesn't), then it might be worth the hassle of owning a proprietary system.

You can build or buy a DGI AR that will perform at least as good as the T91, AND be able to use readily available, locally sourced parts for it.

The T91 is extra steps and inconveniences for absolutely no gains in performance.

Your suggestion would be like Crest coming out with a new toothpaste that does exactly everything that Colgate does, with the same results, BUT you have to use distilled water to rinse your mouth out. Why bother?

You have made a crap suggestion for a first-time AR buyer. It's been pointed out, ad nauseam, and you just keep doubling down in your ignorance. Just because you like it doesn't mean that it's a good recommendation in this discussion. Move along.

This thread has became hilarious. Anyone that actually offers legit advice to the OP is attacked by fanboys with limited knowledge. OP please disregard most of the nonsense. I don’t know cmshoot but he sounds pretty damn knowledgeable. Take his advice and don’t get sucked in to the rest.

If you are trying to make some kind of point to me, your reading comprehension is piss poor.

I stated numerous times that the proprietary parts cannot be picked up by walking into your LGS (that stands for "local gun shop").

I also stated that in order to acquire these proprietary parts, you would have to order them online.

You posting a link to a website where one can order the parts confirmed EXACTLY what I have already stated.....more than once.

Some of my highlights:

"You won't be able to walk in your LGS and buy certain replacement parts." Post #264

"Many of the critical, moving parts in the upper receiver won't be found on the shelf of your LGS. You'll have to order them online." Post #267

"They can be purchased online for having spare parts, but they're not something that you can just walk into most places and buy." Post #267

The OP is located in Villa Rica. If you want to prove me wrong, provide me with at least one gun shop in the immediate Villa Rica area where one can walk in any day of the week and purchase proprietary replacement parts for the Wolf A1/T91 upper receiver.
You talking to me! You talking to me! This is where I pull the gun out in the mirror act furious. From the Movie " TAXI ".
My post and statements had nothing to do with what you're saying to which I agree with 100%. Buy a gun was proprietary Parts I believe doesn't make good sense because it's going to take so long to get to Parts you need to fix it in the event it's something goes awry. I was just exchanging Colt sales with Wolfman Rogers. If I somehow gave you that impression I apologize sincerely it was not my intention.

That isn't what I've been told by folks on the inside of both companies. Different contracts, different specs, different price points.
I guess the only thing to do then is get some from each company and shoot them, compare accuracy, measure gas ports, don't know what else you could do?

I've had a few FN barrels from PSA and they all shot better than my capabilities allow.

You talking to me! You talking to me! This is where I pull the gun out in the mirror act furious. From the Movie " TAXI ".
My post and statements had nothing to do with what you're saying to which I agree with 100%. Buy a gun was proprietary Parts I believe doesn't make good sense because it's going to take so long to get to Parts you need to fix it in the event it's something goes awry. I was just exchanging Colt sales with Wolfman Rogers. If I somehow gave you that impression I apologize sincerely it was not my intention.

Greg…he wasn’t talking to you…lol

You do that a lot in threads. Not everyone is bad mouthing you or calling you out.

Thank you for once again proving my point. Doesn't make a difference what the causative factor is. What matters is the FACT that parts aren't on the shelf.

The T91 doesn't do ANYTHING that a well-built DGI AR won't do just as well, and to exactly the same point.......buuuuuuuut......it requires proprietary parts that you can't just buy off the shelf locally.

If it were a substantial leap forward in technology (it ain't), and it did a host of tasks better than a DGI AR (it doesn't), then it might be worth the hassle of owning a proprietary system.

You can build or buy a DGI AR that will perform at least as good as the T91, AND be able to use readily available, locally sourced parts for it.

The T91 is extra steps and inconveniences for absolutely no gains in performance.

Your suggestion would be like Crest coming out with a new toothpaste that does exactly everything that Colgate does, with the same results, BUT you have to use distilled water to rinse your mouth out. Why bother?

You have made a crap suggestion for a first-time AR buyer. It's been pointed out, ad nauseam, and you just keep doubling down in your ignorance. Just because you like it doesn't mean that it's a good recommendation in this discussion. Move along.
Great, pick up an HK416 if you don't like Asian girls

Great, pick up an HK416 if you don't like Asian girls
I love Asian girls I used to date a half Japanese half American Girl She was the fire. I couldn't understand what he was talking about So I just Make sure that He knew that I wasn't Talking about him. I didn't read any of the other Post that mention anything that affects Now that's not the worst thing but I still reply to anyway

Back
Top Bottom