• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Loosing Money on Trades Here on ODT

I made a trade to a guy on here. He kept asking me my value, and I gave him a ball park. Obviously you wouldn't trade 100 for 1000 but a few bucks one way or the other won't kill me. I really didn't want the gun I was trading and I had wanted one like his for years and he wanted mine, sounds even to me. He seemed to be very worried about making it even (it was in his favor in his opinion). I told him a IMO a trade is getting something you want for something you have. The gun I traded I never used and after I got it I didn't want it. I was very happy with the trade and loved what I got WIN/WIN.
So he really didn't want your Hipoint? ;) Kidding.

I made a trade to a guy on here. He kept asking me my value, and I gave him a ball park. Obviously you wouldn't trade 100 for 1000 but a few bucks one way or the other won't kill me. I really didn't want the gun I was trading and I had wanted one like his for years and he wanted mine, sounds even to me. He seemed to be very worried about making it even (it was in his favor in his opinion). I told him a IMO a trade is getting something you want for something you have. The gun I traded I never used and after I got it I didn't want it. I was very happy with the trade and loved what I got WIN/WIN.

Preach! I've had guys tell me "well we are $15 off on value so no deal" - at some point we can just call it square. I agree no one wants to trade a $100 gun for a $1,000 gun but at some point we can get "close enough".

If they are wanting for kids, or family... I’ll lose on a trade or deal. Others have done it for me over the years. I see it as “pay it forward”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are some non-FFL members who treat "trading guns" as a profit making enterprise ... do it enough and you will get a visit from ATF requesting a copy of your FFL! I have heard a couple of stories on the subject lately ... they describe a most unpleasant experience! ...

You must refer to "trading guns" as "trading cash for guns"? You can't make a profit if no cash exchanges hands regardless of the other guns perceived worth. I have never heard of anyone getting an ATF visit, please share.

you're spose to make money? bahahaha,if you made a dime the wailers would be turning you in as a business,always lose money and you will be ok
For the record, I've done 2 or 3 deals with Biker13.
Each time he simply gave me something. I think once it was a giveaway, and then another time or two it was something else that he just gave to me.

He didn't lose any money on those transactions. On the contrary; he gained a loyal friend.

i am a hobbyist. i have no way to afford all the guns i want. but i can own them for a little bit,and move them on to another. i have a few guns that wont go anywhere,other than them, all is for sale or trade... i have purchased guns at a great deal, and turned them into better guns at a good deal. i am not here making a living, i am here making memories...if i make a profit on a gun, it goes towards the next gun/guns i want. yes, sometimes i get a gun with the intention of trading it right away. i have picked up guns that i have access to,and someone with something i want is looking for. for no other reason than to trade it off.
but if i made a million on guns,and spent it on guns, thats not profit, thats the hobby.
thats why i am here.

You must refer to "trading guns" as "trading cash for guns"? You can't make a profit if no cash exchanges hands regardless of the other guns perceived worth. I have never heard of anyone getting an ATF visit, please share.

If they want to reveal the fact(s), and post their names, then I welcome them to do so. However, their name isn't going to be disclosed by me without their permission.

As far as values go: I check current prices before I post anything. Some may disagree with nationally posted prices; that's their privilege to do so ... If you don't like what someone offers, then pass: No other comment needed!

you're spose to make money? bahahaha,if you made a dime the wailers would be turning you in as a business,always lose money and you will be ok
I'm pretty sure I've lost money on every trade, sale and buy I've done on here...no joke. I don't care though, profit isn't the reason I'm here.

Back
Top Bottom