• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LWRC Piston problems

Buffer tube off

Attachments

• IMG_1519.JPG
    IMG_1519.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 56
Bolt stuck on something and will not come forward. Could be the forward assist. Still can't get the upper and lower apart

Attachments

• IMG_1522.JPG
    IMG_1522.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 56
Have you tried using a hammer/mallet on the carrier to see if it will move now that the tube is off? Ive never seen this before.

Pulled the breakdown pin and got it apart. Finally. So it looks like the bolt traveled so far back that it caught the back of the hammer. I think I need a stronger spring and heavier buffer. Thoughts?

Just checked and the buffer I used is 132grams. The spring I used is 2 1/4" longer than a normal buffer spring. Will call the manufacturer to get more info. Thanks for everyone's input

Just checked and the buffer I used is 132grams. The spring I used is 2 1/4" longer than a normal buffer spring. Will call the manufacturer to get more info. Thanks for everyone's input
The buffer weight would not cause this. The distance it was allowed to travel, would. What was the manufacturer of the buffer, bolt carrier group, lower parts kits and the receiver extension?

Also, did you damage the lower receiver where the receiver extension screws in? It looks like the carrier key struck the receiver.

Back
Top Bottom