• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Making the decision to end the life of your pet and friend.

We had to put our boy Sampson down. His stomach had flipped and his intestine could have become dead by the time we caught it. The surgery was $6k and he had a 25% survival rate, and his quality of life would be drastically reduced (no running or rough play) It was the hardest decision we've ever had to make.

It's the HARDEST decision to make!!
BUT, for them to be Pain & suffering free, It's the only decision to make.
I feel your PAIN, my brother, & pray for your family during your lose.

The HARDEST thing for me, was holding our little dog and feeling her little heart stop beating. After she got the "SHOT".
It tore my guts out. And brings tears to my eyes as I am writing this. So I know your pain.
It will take time to grieve & heal your heart.
I take comfort in believing that I will see my little loved ones one day @ "Rainbow Bridge".
Rainbow Bridge poem.jpg

Be strong brother!!

I’ve gone thru this a number of times over my life and it was always hard.
I tried to think about not what I wanted but what was best to relieve the pain and suffering of a great and loyal friend and the answer was clear from that perspective...... I had to let them go, it was difficult but it was the right thing to do.

I've had to do it. We had a cat had no blood flow to the back half of his body, couldn't move his hindquarters, and after a while just wailed and wailed. I took him to a vet we know and the doc immediately agreed that we had to euthanize him. Unfortunately, the doc injected the anesthetic into the rear leg. The cat continued to caterwaul and I pointed out that there was no circulation in the rear of the cat's body. So we drew up another syringe and I injected it myself.

That was hard. But I was with him when he left this earth.

Some say there's no dogs in heaven, but The Lord isn't making a "new Earth". He's going to make Earth NEW again.

Back
Top Bottom