• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mechanics and business owners

Soooooo let me get this straight.... you argued about the money before you even had your car back fixed????

Jesus man, send your food back to the kitchen often?

Was I supposed to leave the place without saying a word? Because they were gonna have my truck regardless.....

Was I supposed to leave the place without saying a word? Because they were gonna have my truck regardless.....

In my opinion, the time to fight about it would be after for a few reasons....

1st, I'd want to see what they would offer

2nd, I would be worried what other problems I may have after I got my vehicle back. ( if I complained first )

I think something is weird here. If the bolts were really that loose that they fell out you would have felt one hell of a vibration all the way up to the point they fell out. Typically those bolts are are on the longer side an inch + or so long. You would not have had a smooth ride from the time of pick up to the time they fell out. Plus you would have herd tons of clunking a bunch of warning noise and vibration telling you something is wrong.
This all the way. From the moment the bolts got loose and the flange of the carrier seperated from the frame, you would have heard/felt it. Obviously something happened but those bolts didnt back out all at once. Only thing I can think of is he over torqued them with an impact, stretched the threads and the torque/G's from the driveline pullled them out all at once under a load.

In my opinion, the time to fight about it would be after for a few reasons....

1st, I'd want to see what they would offer

2nd, I would be worried what other problems I may have after I got my vehicle back. ( if I complained first )

I didn't raise any questions until after the offered what they did. I was also very respectful and nice when I was a expressing my opinions.

Heck no! Say something for sure. Explain your concern and let them know your now without a ride to work. Ask for a loaner or rental. Nobody is saying roll over but try to be reasonable.

I was very nice and to the point. They def weren't gonna help me out at all until I said something. No rental or money for rental was offered until I expressed a few of my opinions on the matter.

This all the way. From the moment the bolts got loose and the flange of the carrier seperated from the frame, you would have heard/felt it. Obviously something happened but those bolts didnt back out all at once. Only thing I can think of is he over torqued them with an impact, stretched the threads and the torque/G's from the driveline pullled them out all at once under a load.

I'm no mechanic so I have no clue. But there was no audible noise or any vibrations until the shaft actually came out. Weird I know but I've hardly driven it since it was fixed Friday, maybe 5 miles up until the shaft fell out.

Back
Top Bottom