• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mechanics - what cars do you repair the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya', but problems within three years is at least an indicator of what to avoid.
I buy only new, BUT.... I keep them forever. I just like knowing how any vehicle I have has been treated.

Being a mechanic has its benefits.
I’ve scored quite a few vehicles that needed minor tlc and repairs due to ignorance of the seller that just didn’t know how to fix issues and didn’t trust a shop to treat them honestly.
The last used vehicle I bought had a terribly worn front wheel bearing hub assembly and the owner thought the whole drivetrain was coming apart and sold it cheap.
$109.00 later it was good as new.
I’ve had it so
long I just replaced it again two weeks ago.

Year range is an important piece of the puzzle. In the last 10 years cars have become rolling cell phones, with features and complication that bring down the overall reliability and longevity of cars in general. In general, the best cars are prior to 2005 and back into 90s.
i look at new cars as disposable

i have an 88 chevy i keep running too though, so easy to work on and no emission bull****

Brother just bought a used KIA (Killed In Action) with 38k miles. I think he might regret it. I don't see a lot of old KIAs on the road....not like Toyotas or Hondas.
I' on my 5th Kia, first 3 one had over 100K, so still digging em, Sister has a Sportage with over 225K and running fine. The new Teluride is a Bad ass SUV and still elegant looking.
KIA, King In America,

I' on my 5th Kia, first 3 one had over 100K, so still digging em, Sister has a Sportage with over 225K and running fine. The new Teluride is a Bad ass SUV and still elegant looking.
KIA, King In America,

My friend has three Kia’s. and and loves them.
My Daughter loves her Optima.
I’ve had several neighbors and friends that swear by them.

For some reason KiA just don’t sound manly enough for me....I know I’m weird that way.

My friend has three Kia’s. and and loves them.
My Daughter loves her Optima.
I’ve had several neighbors and friends that swear by them.

For some reason KiA just don’t sound manly enough for me....I know I’m weird that way.
They're great, very good values, lots of options, provided you dont get one that catches fire or needs engine replacement at 85k miles

There's a class action suit against Kia and Hyundai covering a whole buncha vehicles that caught fire. Mostly revolving around their 2.4l engines.

I have a 3.3L Sorento that required a new engine at 85kiles.

Before that happened, I was a fan.

Brother just bought a used KIA (Killed In Action) with 38k miles. I think he might regret it. I don't see a lot of old KIAs on the road....not like Toyotas or Hondas.
Nothing major has happened with our 2010 Soul . But that damn thing is nickel and diming me to death. I don't know how many coil packs I've installed on it. And it seems to eat headlight bulbs. Then there's the crank sensor I had to have installed. And while we were still in Darien the damn starter went out. I'm just glad it has a timing chain instead of a belt. But if Kia can screw that up they probably will.
When I worked at the port moving Kias and Hyundais around the Soul and the Veloster were the models most likely to have a dead battery when we went to move them. I kinda like Hyundai as a brand. Most of their cars are good for the long haul. But that Veloster is a stupid ass useless car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom