• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Metal detecting finds

Learning is awesome….especially if it about each other through great conversations while you are digging around. This is a great way to connect with a son, IMO.
Good luck on all your future endeavors! :D
I agree with you 100%. Im trying to soak up as many memories as possible while i can. Thank you for the kind words

I've got a White's MXT Pro and a Garrett AT Pro and a Garrett carrot.
I live in Eatonton and do a lot of woods detecting.
I'll have to take a picture of some of my finds over the past few years, several CW bullets, horseshoes, etc.
It's a really fun hobby to me and good exercise to boot.
I made a board with partial holes drilled through to display my old shotgun shell headstamps.
Did you find CW Bullets up near Eatonton ?

I plan to do the same with my SG Brass But Ill likely sell / Give or Melt (The more common ones ) as I procrastinate.

Good Day

Did you find CW Bullets up near Eatonton ?

I plan to do the same with my SG Brass But Ill likely sell / Give or Melt (The more common ones ) as I procrastinate.

Good Day
Yes sir, found several minnie balls and such. As you know, when Sherman marched to Savannah he went through Milledgeville which was the state capital. Where I live isn't too far from Milledgeville.
Also found a GMI button which is from the Georgia Military institute that was in Marietta.
From what I can gather, the cadets from GMI came through Eatonton & Milledgeville to go to Savannah to try and keep it from Sherman.

Yes sir, found several minnie balls and such. As you know, when Sherman marched to Savannah he went through Milledgeville which was the state capital. Where I live isn't too far from Milledgeville.
Also found a GMI button which is from the Georgia Military institute that was in Marietta.
From what I can gather, the cadets from GMI came through Eatonton & Milledgeville to go to Savannah to try and keep it from Sherman.

Sherman actually took over the capital building in Milledgeville.
The old capital building is now a museum now.

Sorry for the 1st double Quote , I was thinking Eatonton was a little far North for Sherman's troops to have Marched but there and anywhere S & W is possible . I've only hunted 1 time in 2015 ? with a guy some 20 miles down I-16 & a tad South of that road , we found nothing CW but it was a small area & we were really just scouting it out .

A GMI Button is a Super Nice find , heck when they built The Marietta Country Club in say ' Mid 2000's ' I had taken a break from hunting , but that was the original campus of GMI & Guys found many GMI's there .

I did get lucky and found a GA Militia button near Mableton GA a few years back ( A "Local " type ) but it's one of my top 5 finds . I wish we could go back to 1950-1970's for a couple days and hunt . LOL

Thanks for the reply , as I have learned something .

Oh , I just saw on Google Maps where the old Courthouse in Milledgeville was marked as a museum , I need to go see it next time I'm down that way .

This comes from a newbie but is there a combo pinpointer and metal detector that is middle of the road and would be good for a beginner that would stretch to intermiediate use? Or what would yall recommend?

Back
Top Bottom