• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mini shells

Will they cycle in a rem870
We tried the mini shells (Tater Tots) in several different types of shotguns.

They will cycle most of the time in the Remington 870 if you hold the gun level and pump it slow and deliberately.
If you try to cycle them quickly or hold the gun pointing up then the short shells have a tendency to stick straight up or flip backwards when they exit the magazine and not feed into the chamber. :(
We also noted several instances where the empty hull pointed backwards inside the chamber instead of exiting the ejection port.

As a range novelty they are fine, but because of the lack of reliability, I would not trust them for home defense.

In a single shot, over/under or side by side they offer a reliable low recoil option for those who may be sensitive to recoil.

There is an adapter for the Mossberg which is reported to provide more reliable feeding for the mini shells, but I have no first hand experience.

We tried the mini shells (Tater Tots) in several different types of shotguns.

They will cycle most of the time in the Remington 870 if you hold the gun level and pump it slow and deliberately.
If you try to cycle them quickly or hold the gun pointing up then the short shells have a tendency to stick straight up or flip backwards when they exit the magazine and not feed into the chamber. :(
We also noted several instances where the empty hull pointed backwards inside the chamber instead of exiting the ejection port.

As a range novelty they are fine, but because of the lack of reliability, I would not trust them for home defense.

In an single shot, over/under or side by side they offer a reliable low recoil option for those who may be sensitive to recoil.

There is an adapter for the Mossberg which is reported to provide more reliable feeding for the mini shells, but I have no first hand experience.
That's cool. Good info

Back
Top Bottom