• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Miss the 70s road sofas ?

I miss my '34 ford -- the '70's had too many smog devices that did not work -
Since the smog nazis were not going to go away and stromberg 97 were gone the best thing that happened was electronic fuel injection --
your mileage may differ --

Used to have a 67 Buick Lasabre , could stretch my daughter out on the front seat between my wife and I. (Pre car seat days) most comfortable road car I ever owned. Unfortunately the Iran oil crisis hit, you had to wait in line to get a few gallons of gas. So at 8 miles to the gallon it had to go.

Memories........ My first car was a 1970 Mercury Cougar. I had a 70 Impala 4 door, 70 Plymouth Super Bee, and a 74 Chrysler Newport. The Newport was a true land barge. The trunk was bigger than a Miata. I still have my 73 Charger SE that I got in 1980. Sadly it needs to be rebuilt.

Do it Do it Do it!

Meet ole blue. Been in the family since new in ‘77. Im a third generation shaggin wagon owner. Gonna make into a camper one of these years.
5B632799-A71E-4FEC-B4B0-145BF057FEA4.jpeg

a 74 Chrysler Newport. The Newport was a true land barge. The trunk was bigger than a Miata.
You're not lyiing! College roommate had one about that vintage. I have a vague memory of trying to see how many people could fit in the trunk one night. I think we lost count.

Used to have a 67 Buick Lasabre , could stretch my daughter out on the front seat between my wife and I. (Pre car seat days) most comfortable road car I ever owned. Unfortunately the Iran oil crisis hit, you had to wait in line to get a few gallons of gas. So at 8 miles to the gallon it had to go.
I had a 68 Bonneville - lots of fun in that barge. Coldest ac I ever owned to this day.

Back
Top Bottom