Morons and EMS vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr107

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
167   0
Reaction score
Why do people go full idiot when a emergency vehicle is anywhere near them?

Going down I285 the other day going about 65 in the fast lane. An ambulance starts coming up the lane so i merge over to the right to get out of the way. I know you are supposed to yield to EMS, but the idiot in front of me STOPPED (dead stop, not slow down) in the middle of the interstate.

Some people shouldn't drive on interstates. Period.

/Rant

The morons arent JUST on the interstates...some stop in the middle of the road, some pull into oncoming traffic, some try to outrun emergency vehicles, some just ignore us...
Its VERY frustrating. Most will stop directly beside a vehicle that is stopped on the other side of the road so the road is completely blocked! And then they just sit there looking at us! MOVE DAMNIT!!
Just pull to the right and stop. Like youre supposed to do.

I always pull over. I think one of the biggest dangers these days are how sealed vehicles are. They are so sound proof that in town I think people dont hear them. I realize drivers are also distracted by phones etc but I think its a real issue. Of course I drive a soft top Jeep you pull beside me and pass gas and I hear it.

Why do people go full idiot when a emergency vehicle is anywhere near them?

Going down I285 the other day going about 65 in the fast lane. An ambulance starts coming up the lane so i merge over to the right to get out of the way. I know you are supposed to yield to EMS, but the idiot in front of me STOPPED (dead stop, not slow down) in the middle of the interstate.

Some people shouldn't drive on interstates. Period.

/Rant

I had a lady do that in town about 3 yrs ago. I was on my GSXR and slid to a stop, magically, without falling over, with my front tire on her bumper. She then floors it out of site. I was still so shaken up i pulled over for a red bull to calm down.

oh my god, you all have no idea how frustrating it is, i my partner from work has literally had to physically keep me from getting out of the truck and yelling at people. people that dont pull to the side or make an attempt to get out of my way makes my job WAY more dangerous those ambulances dont stop very well being that they weight almost 12000 lbs

It does get very frustrating I am a firefighter and when responding to calls people always seem to try and speed up up so that don't have to pull over or when they do pull over they allways seem to stop in a curve but there are some intelligent people out there who pull into a driveway or parking lot to yield to us

I always pull over. I think one of the biggest dangers these days are how sealed vehicles are. They are so sound proof that in town I think people dont hear them. I realize drivers are also distracted by phones etc but I think its a real issue. Of course I drive a soft top Jeep you pull beside me and pass gas and I hear it.

I am guilty. Several times I have looked in my mirror (since i got my new car anyway) and have had red or blue flashing lights coming and I did not hear them until they were right on me

It's really situational awareness. I ALWAYS check my mirrors when driving. I almost always know what cars behind and next to me. So I typically see them before I hear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom