• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Morons and EMS vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just pull to the side and work under the assumption that its a real emergency. A buddy of mine is an emt in cherokee county.. he shared some major BS stories about how he spends most of his day.. The guys in the Ambulance have WAY more patience than I do.

and riddle... if you guys did get to carry guns... all your BS calls would quit in 30 days...

SHOOT THE FIRST ONE AND WORD WILL SPREAD

I just pull to the side and work under the assumption that its a real emergency. A buddy of mine is an emt in cherokee county.. he shared some major BS stories about how he spends most of his day.. The guys in the Ambulance have WAY more patience than I do.

and riddle... if you guys did get to carry guns... all your BS calls would quit in 30 days...

SHOOT THE FIRST ONE AND WORD WILL SPREAD

That's my motto!

Or maybe just die from the heart attack, or bleed out from an accident with a chainsaw.
But yes, I would kill someone for doing something stupid and not be a bad ass, but a good shot. (double tap to the chest and one in the head)

Driving down your driveway to save your life? You would shoot them? Because you want to die??? Weird and morbid....

one of my supervisors was a medic in chicago in the early 80s, he tells stories about them carrying guns and wearing bullet proof vests. we had one of our trucks stolen a couple weeks ago with the crew still in the back.

there have been a few times i wanted one, not because of stupid patients but because of hearing gun shots in the same apartment complex were in.

I rode ambulance in the Navy 30 years ago. We'd get calls for chest pains from base housing; get there and guess what, the pains were over. We'd have to transport them to the hospital knowing they had an outpatient appointment and were really looking for a taxi they didn't have to pay for. At first the command let it slide, doing a basic exam and letting them go. Then they wised up and started "keeping them for observation." Word got around pretty quick you were going to be stuck in the hospital until the next day with someone waking you up every hour to do vitals. Problem solved.

As I remember, it seemed like a lot of the serious problems were played down by the callers, and a lot of the minor calls were exaggerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom