• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

moving SUCKS!

medium187mph

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
218   0
Reaction score
Ive been working full time and working every night of the week on my house for 3 weeks straight doing Sheetrock, painting ceilings, walls, refinishing floors, tile work, replacing fixtures, hauling personal property to a storage unit 1 hr away living off of 5-6 hrs of sleep a day at best.

I'm mentally & physically spent

The end is near but this moving gig SUCKS!

House listed last night at 7pm and I have 3 well qualified buyers looking today before I get off work... time to go off grid for a month or 2

I just updated my house after 13 years and it sucked. All floors were refinished so everything in my house was moved. All walls had Sheetrock and pairing done so everything on any wall/ceiling was removed. I also re-did my two outbuildings and everything in there was moved. I gave away, donated or threw stuff out for a month. Started at the end of June and just slept in my bedroom for the first time Monday. Between work, kids starting school and the house being ripped apart, I can say IT SUCKED!!!!!! I know exactly how you feel.

Just sold mine a little over a week ago, and yeah the cleaning, storing, fixing and everything leading up to that half-killed me. I feel your pain.

I knew it would be hard and I tried to mentally prepare myself for the task at hand.

You don't realize how much stuff you have until you gotta move it!

I knew it would be hard and I tried to mentally prepare myself for the task at hand.

You don't realize how much stuff you have until you gotta move it!

Yep moved 3 years back after being in the same for 11 years. Luckily my wife is anti hoarder. She sells or gives away stuff constantly. Still had a lot of useless stuff we had not used in years.

Back
Top Bottom