• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

MREs sure got better!

Nothing like being constipated for the next several days after non stop eating them, since no chow hall was insight during filed ops. I enjoy being a civilian and not having to swap cheese and peanut butter spread with my fellow marines in the field too! lol Trading was popular back then. I'm sure not much has changed in that regards.
Haven't tried them, but I was told to drinks LOTS of water if you didn't want to get constipated.

I Went in in 2012. They weren't bad. The Tuna MRE is the best, you get lots of extra goodies in it, not a huge fan of Tuna, but the protein was a plus.

We had the old "C" rations. I liked the frankfurters with beans the best. The pork and lime beans was inedible.
We were still eating them in '83. I kind of liked the ham and lima beans. I don't think there was an entree that I didn't like in C-rats. Can't remember if there was. I remember I would not trade spaghetti and meatballs for any reason. That was good.

Ah, I remember now. Chopped ham & eggs, kiss of death on the trade market. No way could you trade that without the other item being 'heavily in your favor'. LOL!

When I was in we had c rats. They were good and had a four pack of cigarettes in them. When i was getting out the mre were coming out. We call them alpo in a bag. Not good and were messy to use. Hard to beat a can that you could cook on a 1/4 ton manifold.

You been out a minute. They'd dropped cigs before I started eating them in '83. I think '75 if memory serves. Even the old ones we had didn't have the 4 cigs.

Haven't tried them, but I was told to drinks LOTS of water if you didn't want to get constipated.

No matter how much water you drink... There comes a certain point after eating them for so long that it's like trying to push a Ford Excursion out of a mouse hole.

Back
Top Bottom