My first reloads!

sambo77

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
141   0
Reaction score
Finally got around to reloading my batch of ammo on my own. After reading, watching and double checking ran 100 50 grain .223 varmint, with cci small rifle primers and imr 4198. And 50 50 grain vmax with same powder and primer. I can't recall of the top of my head what the exact number is but according to the book they should be pushing around 3200 fps. Now all I wanna do is go find a coyote to shoot with one and see how they perform. May be something small for y'all but this
is pretty exciting for me.
1494984033640876157767.jpg

Ha ha, they say it's like baking a cake, just follow the recIpe. I don't know, haven't done it either.
Congrats!
Sending pm about some armor piercing tracer hollow points I need in 300blk, :rolleyes:.

Welcome to the addiction!! Im not gonna lie, when I shot my first two rounds of 10mm I loaded I stood behind a tree and hung my pistol off to the side and around to the front of the tree. Hahaha!!! But now, 10 years later and thousands of rounds later I trust my ammo more than I do the big mfr's stuff. And mine is more accurate.

Awesome! That was me a month ago. Since then I have been shooting and making ammo like a mad man!!! I calmed down for a few days but was at the range yesterday and hope to go today to test out some .308.

I have to admit, I do not always wear safety glasses when testing loads off the bench (they tend to fog up and get in the way of the scope). However, anytime it is a new cartridge I am loading for or a load I am unsure about, I make sure to have them on for the first few shots until I know they are safe.

When I was testing a shotgun load that I couldn't find the data for. I strapped the gun in the lead sled, laid a denim blanket over the gun and pulled the trigger with a string. Was all for nothing, it was perfectly safe, but I didn't know it at the time.

Nothing wrong with being cautious, in fact, it is a good virtue when assembling something that may run over 50k psi 3 inches from your face.

Rosewood

I was already loading for handguns when I loaded my first rifle cartridge which so happened to be a .223. I was able to take my colt Hbar which wouldn't do better than 1.25 moa with factory ammo and get it shooting 0.5 or less moa by handloading. That really hooked me on reloading rifle cartridges. Now I want all my rifles to do that, to my dismay, they will not.

Back
Top Bottom