• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need advice on american culture

mikev

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
5   0
Reaction score
Good evening, gentlemen!
I need a sort of advice on a situation I recently got it. I had a motorcycle I recently sold. I never had any problems with it besides a flat tire and two times dead batteries. The bike was serviced at dealership for all the maintenance except oil change and chain lube. I sold it to a guy I met online for a reasonable price.

After the sale, the guy called me two times stating he couldn't start the engine. I never had any issue with engine and it's over 3 weeks since I sold it. The guy mentioned he didn't do anything wrong and drove it only several times.

From American culture standpoint: do I owe any moral obligation for the bike after I sold it. If yes then what sort of obligation.

A couple of other thoughts: the bike has automatic transmission and (obviously) you need to know how to handle that. The guy barely reads English and haven't read owner's manual (obviously). He haven't still transferred the title to his name (3 week after the sale) and keep convincing me to "redo the paperwork" and "register the bike for other party" (obviously the back side of title and bill of sale has his name and signature).

If you did a proper bill of sale and title signatures then you have no obligation to do anything more.
American culture puts the burden on the buyer to inspect the vehicle before buying...only thing seller is expected to do is be honest about condition and not intentionally hide defects.
In your case it sounds like you did nothing wrong...and you have no reason to “re-do” anything.

Good evening, gentlemen!
I need a sort of advice on a situation I recently got it. I had a motorcycle I recently sold. I never had any problems with it besides a flat tire and two times dead batteries. The bike was serviced at dealership for all the maintenance except oil change and chain lube. I sold it to a guy I met online for a reasonable price.

After the sale, the guy called me two times stating he couldn't start the engine. I never had any issue with engine and it's over 3 weeks since I sold it. The guy mentioned he didn't do anything wrong and drove it only several times.

From American culture standpoint: do I owe any moral obligation for the bike after I sold it. If yes then what sort of obligation.

A couple of other thoughts: the bike has automatic transmission and (obviously) you need to know how to handle that. The guy barely reads English and haven't read owner's manual (obviously). He haven't still transferred the title to his name (3 week after the sale) and keep convincing me to "redo the paperwork" and "register the bike for other party" (obviously the back side of title and bill of sale has his name and signature).
sounds like buyer's remorse to me.

I would possibly try to walk him through everything and help him either get it started properly or troubleshoot the issue, but if I were the buyer I wouldn't necessarily expect a seller to help me personally.

Good evening, gentlemen!

I sold a Honda Scooter to a friend 20 years ago...little 2 cycle engine that let you put regular gas in it because it had a separate oil tank that metered out the oil as it ran. He let his son (14 ride) ride it in the neighborhood and 3-4 weeks later he called and said it don't run, won't start. Like an idiot, I picked it up, took it to Honda and had them work on it. Turns out it was the spark plug. The kid put thousands of miles on it during those two weeks and did nothing to it as far as maintenance or anything...it was just a very fouled plug...

Back
Top Bottom