• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help from automotive guru...

cskiles

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
25   0
Reaction score
Due to rough job locations and lots of night driving, I recently had my truck lifted and my headlights upgraded to LED's. I love the light output but I am certain that with the 4" lift they are way too high. I know how to adjust the headlights (using the 25' method) but I am uncertain as to how high the headlight beam should be at that distance. I have been searching online and all I can find is that the top of the beam should be 2" below the center of the headlight at 25', unfortunately that doesn't account for the additional 4" of lift. I think if the lights are adjusted to the stock height it would be best for oncoming traffic and myself but the adjustment is an after-thought, I wish I would have taken some measurements prior to having it lifted..

Any input on what the height should be???

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Depending on your vehicle the bulbs were probably the only thing replaced. The housing is what adjusts the aiming of the bulb. So unless the housing was replaced then they should still be in adjustment from before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending on your vehicle the bulbs were probably the only thing replaced. The housing is what adjusts the aiming of the bulb. So unless the housing was replaced then they should still be in adjustment from before.

I had the vehicle lifted 4" ~ "I love the light output but I am certain that with the 4" lift they are way too high.", the housing is the same, just 4" higher from the ground...LOL

I use my garage door and back up 15 feet and adjust where the beam is slightly below my hood

But you might have adjust few times
I had take tool with me and stop couple times with my 10inch lift 2500hd

I use my garage door and back up 15 feet and adjust where the beam is slightly below my hood

But you might have adjust few times
I had take tool with me and stop couple times with my 10inch lift 2500hd

Standard cars are supposed to be level...

If you adjust to low there may be an issue at certain distances...

I had the vehicle lifted 4" ~ "I love the light output but I am certain that with the 4" lift they are way too high.", the housing is the same, just 4" higher from the ground...LOL

I am going to sound like a wise arse here in a second.

The entire vehicle was raised four inches? So if the front was raised four inches and the rear was raised four inches then the headlights were raised four inches and the beam was raised four inches. Everything just moved up four inches and is parallel to where it would be on a stock vehicle. The only way that the aiming of the lights would change is if you raised the front three inches and the rear four inches.

Back
Top Bottom