• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help from automotive guru...

if that was case driving at night you blind **** out people like a big fat dickhead

Adjust

Also when you lift and hit bright lights withoit adjusting you are searching for birds at night lol

Needs adjustment

Just lower it then.... duh..it will have to be trial and error there is no exact formula..

I finally adjusted my lights, have a leveling kit on my truck and sits a tiny bit nose high, use to blind people all the time accidentally of course. Finally lowered them and I lowered them too much, did it in the rain lol while I replaced my headlights that were out lol. I'll get around to raising them a little higher eventually

Amen!
I've learned where to put my rear view mirror to shine it back at 'em

if that was case driving at night you blind **** out people like a big fat dickhead

Adjust

Also when you lift and hit bright lights withoit adjusting you are searching for birds at night lol

Needs adjustment

I am going to sound like a wise arse here in a second.

The entire vehicle was raised four inches? So if the front was raised four inches and the rear was raised four inches then the headlights were raised four inches and the beam was raised four inches. Everything just moved up four inches and is parallel to where it would be on a stock vehicle. The only way that the aiming of the lights would change is if you raised the front three inches and the rear four inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exactly
4 in lift kits probably a body lift dont need adjustment

I am going to sound like a wise arse here in a second.

The entire vehicle was raised four inches? So if the front was raised four inches and the rear was raised four inches then the headlights were raised four inches and the beam was raised four inches. Everything just moved up four inches and is parallel to where it would be on a stock vehicle. The only way that the aiming of the lights would change is if you raised the front three inches and the rear four inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Except...now the headlights shoot right into the back window or into the drivers face of regular height cars...if standard height for a headlight is 36" above the ground at 25' in front of the vehicle, mine would be 40"...right?

exactly
4 in lift kits probably a body lift dont need adjustment
Not a body lift...suspension lift...either way, they are 4" higher than stock and there have been a lot of people giving me the WTH hands in the air when they are across from me at an intersection. I don't give a rats ass about someone being irritated at me, I just don't want to cause anyone harm because my headlights blinded them.

My kit, like a lot of them, lifts and levels at the same time, e.g., 4" in the rear and 5.5/6" in the front...

thats what i was sayin about a body lift rake stays the same
so the headlights are higher but shine at the same angle

check your LEDs some are just too bright and you can get
a ticket for them

buy a cheap laser pointer and adjust them if you have to

Back
Top Bottom