need insight on joining marine corps!

cmbarber

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
33   0
Reaction score
I'm thinking about joining the United States Marine Corps, and would like to hear from others who have been through it. Anything is appreciated. Did those of you who joined enjoy your term of duty? I'm wanting to be a foot soldier, infantry or rifleman? Like I said any advice is appreciated. For those of you who have served thank you for defending your country!

good luck getting in considering DOD and our gov cutting military strength

i was army and even last year they were still trying to put people out or ETS them early

Stop thinking and do it. It'll change your life forever for the good. Serving your country is something everyone should do IMO. There would be far fewer liberal gaywads out there if they actually had to strap on some gear and go live in theater to secure those rights they refer too so often.

Aside from the birth of my son the USMC provided me with the greatest and the worst times of my life to this point. If given the opportunity, I'd do it all again.

Stop thinking and do it. It'll change your life forever for the good. Serving your country is something everyone should do IMO. There would be far fewer liberal gaywads out there if they actually had to strap on some gear and go live in theater to secure those rights they refer too so often.

Aside from the birth of my son the USMC provided me with the greatest and the worst times of my life to this point. If given the opportunity, I'd do it all again.

This!
My biggest regret in life was getting out after 8 years. I wanted to make a career out of it. My wife didn't.

If you're in great physical shape - go for it. There are cuts coming for the military but they are not happening yet - but they will. I did 20 years in the USAF and I have no regrets I served...

If you asked me I would explain to you that in the modern battlefield, many services work together. This is especially true as you work up into special operations. The highest being teams of guys from all branches who dont wear uniforms anymore. Same for their support, comms, etc etc etc.

So I would tell you to find the branch of the military that treats you the best. Trains you the best, and supports you the best.

If you want to be a shooter, I would recommend a few things to you. The first would be a guaranteed enlistment contract. In the USMC, at least when i looked at it in like 2005, they were not offering the guaranteed enlistement for specific MOS. IE- you could enlist in combat arms, but not to be a mortars, artillery, rifleman. The corps chose for you.

So if you want to be a shooter I would recommend a branch that does have that. IE- you can enlist directly into Army Special Forces, Ranger, etc.

I was in the air force. I dont know what is driving you to enlist. I wont claim to understand. But if it is putting maximum boot to ass for country,if it is to be as combat effective as humanly possible. Look into the Air Force. I know I know. most people call it the chair force. And to be frank, alot of it is stereotypical. There is this one job though. It called combat control. To be a combat controller (CCT), well. Ill let you google that. Youtube it too. Lean all about it. Here is the jist. But if you want to HALO out of a plane into a foreign land, have trigger time on the way in with your bearded men, and then rearrange the landscape with millions of dollars of ordinance, you should give it a fair look.
There are thousands of seals and special forces, there are even more rangers. There are only a few hundred active CCT's. And they stay busy.

Never Quit,
WS

If you want to know more: PM me, I would be happy to share.

Last edited:
media_cache_ak0.pinimg.com_736x_2a_a8_99_2aa89994b29e304fb111a211758d0b16.jpg
If your weak minded or out of shape the first few weeks could be hell. Its tough not laughing at some of the stuff the DI's say. They break you down, then make you feel ten ft tall and bullet proof. Which is not true I was still 6'2 when I graduated. Once you get to the fleet you come back down pretty quick. I loved my time and made friends for life.

Back
Top Bottom