need insight on joining marine corps!

^What they said^. Every Marine I know that has enlisted in the last decade got out at the end of their first enlistment. Granted thats only 5 people, but 5 out of 5 tells me the AF would be a good place to serve. If you wanna be hard core check out the PJ's.

if you want to be a hardcore medic, check out pj's.
if you want to be hardcore, check out CCT

Good Luck Bud. No matter what branch or job you get to do, serving your country is a very admirable thing to do and I commend you for it. many should consider where they are in life and look at it themselves. You can join up until you are 35 years old, I think. It may have changed. I went in at 18 and retired from the service (Army) at 38.

Anyone who will sacrifice there life or livelihood to give instead of receive, and do for others instead of thinking of themselves, is a big man in my book. Good Luck no matter what you decide.

Good Luck Bud. No matter what branch or job you get to do, serving your country is a very admirable thing to do and I commend you for it. many should consider where they are in life and look at it themselves. You can join up until you are 35 years old, I think. It may have changed. I went in at 18 and retired from the service (Army) at 38.

Anyone who will sacrifice there life or livelihood to give instead of receive, and do for others instead of thinking of themselves, is a big man in my book. Good Luck no matter what you decide.
I appreciate that. I'm looking into combat controller. I just turned 19 so I guess I have a little while to decide. I just want to be part of something bigger

I can't imagine why anyone would not want to be in the infantry. There are plenty of options once there, if your up to speed and want to get out of the infantry battalion or contribute in a different way. To me though being in the Fleet Maine Force in a infantry battalion is an experience you will never forget, both the good and the bad.

Also, I would listen to the Marine veterans, if your actually looking for information on jobs and life in the Marine Corps.

Regardless of your choices just serving is more than 99% of the population, do it in some way & you will never regret it, those that talk and never do, always will (regret it). I have a friend that thought he was essentially to good for the military and waited and waited for a guarantee he never got, then a DUI ended it all. Now he never will-ever and just talks smack. Me, I had a guarantee 03XX (could have had most any job I wanted at the time) and loved it. Not enough to stay in, but that was not my objective at the time.

FH

Last edited:
I can't imagine why anyone would not want to be in the infantry. There are plenty of options once there, if your up to speed and want to get out of the infantry battalion or contribute in a different way. To me though being in the Fleet Maine Force in a infantry battalion is an experience you will never forget, both the good and the bad.

Also, I would listen to the Marine veterans, if your actually looking for information on jobs and life in the Marine Corps.

Regardless of your choices just serving is more than 99% of the population, do it in some way & you will never regret it, those that talk and never do, always will (regret it). I have a friend that thought he was essentially to good for the infantry and waited and waited for a guarantee he never got, then a DUI ended it all. Now he never will-ever. Me, I had a guarantee 03XX (could have had any job I wanted at the time) and loved it.

FH

You'll certainly get more trigger time there than anywhere else in the Army.

Back
Top Bottom