need insight on joining marine corps!

Do it. Most memorable experiences of my life was during my enlistment. I have many 0311 friends, best group of guys ive ever had the honor to work with. I was an 0352 (tow gunner), there are a few other 03xx mos's you could consider that will allow you to play with bigger guns. The Marine Corps is world biggest gun club. Disclaimer*** be aware of the big green weenie!

I knew some Jarhead would pop in there....:) 9 boys is all I know the old man had. He spent 38 years in the Navy and ya never know what that old salt did. All but the baby were in the Navy. Scott was the only one to go Marine.
Most of my family were Sailors and my best friend while I was in was our Corpsman.

What to say about The Marine Corps. I did six years and wish I had stayed longer. I honestly got to see the world and do everything that all the recruiters promised. I had the time of my life and wish I was still doing it. Being a Marine is something that you earn and will always be proud of and nobody can ever take that away.

It has it's ups and downs. It is a love hate type of relationship. I personally would recommend against going infantry, because you will be sleeping in a tent most times, all you do in your down time is run, train and clean your rifle. Promotions are few and far between, which means that you will be on the bottom of the ladder for a good bit of time. On the other hand I recommend something in the air wing for all of the good stuff. Traveling, and all those other "promises". The down side to either infantry or air wing is that post military careers can be limited.

Send me a pm and we can discuss further if need be.

Go for it. I put in 8 years as a helo mech- my brother 10 years in intelligence. There are times it sucks, but the good days FAR outweigh bad days. But it's like that in whatever you do. Made a lot of friends from all over the world. Keep your nose cleen, get promoted, and hang on!!

DON'T......... Join the AIR FORCE instead....

this X a million.

^What they said^. Every Marine I know that has enlisted in the last decade got out at the end of their first enlistment. Granted thats only 5 people, but 5 out of 5 tells me the AF would be a good place to serve. If you wanna be hard core check out the PJ's.

I was an 0311 (infantry) got out in 2011. If you want good scars and stories...join the infantry. If you want a well paying job when you get out, do something else. Preferably something with a clearance. Feel free to PM me any questions.

Back
Top Bottom