need insight on joining marine corps!

Look up the story of operation eagle claw. The combat controller story. The guy that jumped into Iran now runs a college program for the families of dead soldiers.
I can't find his name on my phone but the real story is incredible. More so if you hear him tell it.
If you love to run the Marines are for you.

Jump right in. You will learn a lot about team play, yourself and the world. All you need to know how to do is sign the form.

Get out then go get your degree if that's the path you want to follow, the same path many have taken for 100 plus years. Most people do not work in the "field" in which they served in the military..period. I know dozens of former Marines that went on to school (or did not) and did/doing very well in life. There are too many examples to even start listing.

Again, I would say, talk to Marines because no one else is going to have a clue. (about the life and the jobs)

http://www.marines.com/being-a-mari...ombat-element/air-traffic-control-air-support

Join up! I loved it. Was 03humps a lot. Did my 8 got out waited 10 years later and tried to go back. Said I was too old. You will learn a lot. Not to mention, EVERY Marine is a rifleman. Plus side, I ya go in and get out, you can join the other branches and not have to go to their bootcamp and probably keep your rank too:) But, this I can say with 100% honesty and conviction: All branches talk about brotherhood and being there for each other. A lot of the times while you're in that's what it is, it's a brotherhood, once you get out not so much. But, you will be hard pressed to find a Marine (active, reserve, retired or ETS) that will not be there for a fellow Marine if they are needed. The title alone is one of the most respected titles there is. But like someone said, pick a job you can use in the real world, unless you want to stay infantry your whole career. Not that it's a bad thing, just rough on the body and everything else.

Join, I'm in the army right now. It will be the best thing you will do with your life... Great buddies, travel (to some nice places as well as some s*&t holes) and fighting for your country is the best feeling should you be called upon to do it!!!!

I appreciate that. I'm looking into combat controller. I just turned 19 so I guess I have a little while to decide. I just want to be part of something bigger
here is another piece of advice... don't believe a damn thing your recruiter says get everything in writing and get it in triplicate... and even then it still won't matter....lol

Back
Top Bottom