• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Negative feedback

I think that it isn't welching until you have agreed to the deal, the price, and both agreed to the time and date.

If you are not to that point, I consider you to be in the negotiating phase and either party is free to walk away... Once you set a date and time for the meet though, and both parties confirm, that's a verbal commitment as far as I am concerned...

That's why I don't mark anything as Gone or even SPM until I get the confirmation on the date and time...

Like buying a car... Until someone signs on the dotted line, you are still in the negotiation phase... even if you agree to a price, it isn't binding till you close the deal...

Is this considered a welch on this site?
I know all sites are different.

This is the second time on a few weeks I have had a deal and the person writes "sorry someone came by and bought it after a deal was confirmed. I thought that I left negative feedback earlier but it is not showing up.
Going to try to leave negative feedback again.

**BUYER**
will you take 140 for the stock

**SELLER**
If you come to me, sure.

**BUYER**
Ok. I will come to you.
Will you have time Saturday or Sunday morning

**SELLER**
I work tomorrow, if you feel like driving down to Morrow. Or anytime sunday morning would be fine as well.

**SELLER**
Hey, Sorry. While i was waiting to hear from you someone came and picked it up from my house.

**BUYER**
We had a deal. You welched on the deal.
Nope, the date and time we're not set. It looked like the buyer took to long to give an exact date, ain't nobody got time fur that

Is this considered a welch on this site?
I know all sites are different.

This is the second time on a few weeks I have had a deal and the person writes "sorry someone came by and bought it after a deal was confirmed. I thought that I left negative feedback earlier but it is not showing up.
Going to try to leave negative feedback again.

**BUYER**
will you take 140 for the stock

**SELLER**
If you come to me, sure.

**BUYER**
Ok. I will come to you.
Will you have time Saturday or Sunday morning

**SELLER**
I work tomorrow, if you feel like driving down to Morrow. Or anytime sunday morning would be fine as well.

**SELLER**
Hey, Sorry. While i was waiting to hear from you someone came and picked it up from my house.

**BUYER**
We had a deal. You welched on the deal.
I still don't see a date and time agreed to. We have only a few minimum requirements, but they have to be met.

you guys take this site way too seriously

You know, I am beginning to agree. At one time I thought that all members should have the same value on their word that I was taught to have growing up. That is just not the case.

I had a guy in Savannah who said he was not in need of the money he was asking for the LCP he had posted. He said he would be in Atlanta (place) on June 18 (date) and I told him I would take it. His words to me were "sounds good", so I thought we had a deal.

The next day I saw he had marked the LCP gone, I PM'ed him to say that I hoped he had marked it gone as it was sold to me, no reply. Later on I PM'ed again to ask if we were still on, no reply. I was looking at his profile (very new member) and saw that he had a positive from a member who bought an LCP from this member. I PM'ed one more time, no reply.

At that point I left negative feedback for this member, end of story right, NOPE. He then leaves negative feedback on me saying that I was hours away ( he was the one that said he would be in Atlanta on June , that I was aggressive and that he had put me on ignore. At that point I reached out to the site mods and explained. They removed the neg from me but they also removed the well deserved neg I left on the member saying that it was a misunderstanding on my part.

Well, to your VERY GOOD POINT, I put way to much value on a persons word and commitment. I also ask the mods, what is the value of the feedback system if you are going to remove negative feedback?

So going forward if I give you my word it is still good. If I say I will buy it, I will, HOWEVER, if you sell it from under me I will not be surprised or upset. If you tell me you want it, it will be yours as soon as your green dead presidents are in my hand. My dad taught me that a man was only as good as his word and I have passed that along to both my boys but I am fully aware that this is no longer the American way.

Mods, you need to teach your members (children) that they should also be as good as their word and stop removing negative feedback when it is warranted and deserved. I would say that is the democrat way but I wouldn't want to offend anyone.

I enjoy this site and appreciate everything the mods do to keep it running as without you there would be no site but as the member I quoted said, I take this stuff way to seriously and you should as well, but that is just my opinion.

Thank you again,
Buttplate

Back
Top Bottom